Are you going to back Human Resources?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Pawz, October 3, 2014.

?

Are you going to back Human Resources?

1. Yes, I believe in this company and this project. 115% support Take My Money!

56 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Yes, but I'm holding back for now. Lets see how it plays out

32 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, but I would if they wrapped up the outstanding issues in PA first

107 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. No, not going to back anything - will check back when it's released.

60 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh, and as to the question of whether I'm backing or not:

[​IMG]
    allister, ArchieBuld and cdrkf like this.
  2. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

You disgust me.

I might be backing if
    1. I had the money
    2. If PA was finnished
    3. PA was done well enough to appease me.
  3. cwarner7264

I've mentioned this elsewhere, [1] [2] - that just isn't viable or desirable. Uber are a business, they need to be doing stuff that makes money! And the success of the Kickstarter helps PA.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I think you need to be putting your money into a slighly more modern PC before you back another Kickstarter... Maybe you could start the "buy Zweistine a new PC" Kickstarter campaign? I'm not sure what you'd offer as backer rewards though...
  5. sierra159

sierra159 Member

I'm going to be honest here. Human Resources looks like a very cool game. It really does. But why should I back it when Uber has failed to deliver on their promises made about PA? Core features are missing from the game right now, and Uber goes ahead and releases info about a new kickstarter project? That feels like a slap to the face to the fans of PA who are wondering why the game isn't even close to feature complete. I don't hate Uber, but I feel this is the worst possible decision they could have made.

To sum this all up, I want to back Human Resources, but with PA's current state, it would go against my good judgement as a consumer.
    Last edited: October 3, 2014
  6. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

I like the concept... but i have no money...
    also I think that Uber is asking too much in this kickstarter
    I mean they wan't at least 1,400,000$
    and you have only 32 days to get this ammount
    If they asked less money like what happens on PA, a bit like 800,000$...
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

It would be really cool if it was the same program with different /ui and /hr directories. Then people could mash up the resources. However, at this point we don't even know if they are sticking with Coherent.
  8. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

just saying but only the first is relevant... Human Resources is going to be another game... not PA2
    also you could use the argument: PA is unplayable so I am not going to back another Uber Ent game, if PA was unplayable
  9. burlayz

burlayz Member

I can just wait until it's €14 a few weeks after 'release', it's even cheaper than backing that way
    Who knows, it might even be playable at that stage :p
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Thanks for nice words, but anyway I'm not going to take anything even for free except it's there will be proper DRM-free statement. Online-only games it's not the future of gaming I want to support in any possible way. :p

Just to make it clear: nobody at Uber offered me a job of any kind or anything like that. I'm totally fine about that because I don't think they owe me anything and I had quite a lot of fun watching how game being made. :)

Possible I might be able to be more helpful for PA if devs give me some access to their internal bug tracking, but it's understandable why they don't want to do that and anyway Uber a lot more open than any other game development company I know.
    Last edited: October 3, 2014
    GoodOak, tollman, elkanfirst and 3 others like this.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

elkanfirst and tunsel11 like this.
  12. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

[
    I'll happily spend twenty pounds on a game, I did on PA. After it was developed and released (actually it was a couple of weeks before) when I know I'll actually like the finished (or unfinished depending on your point of view) product. This is how game sales have worked for fifty years forgive me for not gambling away all my money.
    Malisane likes this.
  13. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, that's that then... I asked them about DRM and Linux and got this back:
    Malisane and tatsujb like this.
  14. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

Nope. I might if they commit to OSX support, but until then there's no point. Actually that's another vote option which is missing - "No, it's not been announced for my OS" (I voted for the last one - I'll check back at release).
    elkanfirst likes this.
  15. InstantMix

InstantMix Member

And business are subject to reviews, and the will of the people wanting to purchase their products. A significant amount of people are really unhappy with how Uber is acting and how they act with their wallet will show this.
    Uber may certainly want to rake in more money, sure, but that doesn't remotely mean it's a good practice for PR, or for their company. This could easily put them in a darker light than they already are.
  16. cwarner7264

Sure, but I feel that while some of the criticism is absolutely warranted, there's a lot of misinformation being flung around on here too - particularly regarding Uber's motives and effects on PA's development - which I'm trying to rectify.

Uber absolutely should be subject to review, I'm just trying to help people consider all sides when doing their reviewing.
  17. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I think the game itself makes perfect sense, but you must agree the timing of this announcement is pretty bad. If they had just waited maybe another month and released offline/etc etc I think it might have been a very different story. I really don't understand how Uber can make one huge PR blunder after another, but I did get worried when they started acting more openly hostile to the user base and criticism. It seems we've got a classic yesman bubble problem here.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. cwarner7264

I'd struggle to accuse this forum of having a yes-man problem without bursting into hysterics ;)
  19. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Yeah.. my hopes for an actual offline mode for PA is rapidly dropping through the floor. Why else would they drop it from HR, if they already were planning on having the tech & capability in their base engine (ie, PA)
    tatsujb, Planktum and Malisane like this.
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Ohh my goodness....

time to read the REALLY small print guys! We are NOT comprehending that this game doesn't come with all of PA's goodie's by default.

WOW. was not expecting this.
    stuart98 and Malisane like this.