Are you going to back Human Resources?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Pawz, October 3, 2014.

?

Are you going to back Human Resources?

1. Yes, I believe in this company and this project. 115% support Take My Money!

56 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Yes, but I'm holding back for now. Lets see how it plays out

32 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, but I would if they wrapped up the outstanding issues in PA first

107 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. No, not going to back anything - will check back when it's released.

60 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Just curious.

Don't need to argue why you choose what you like.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The experience of getting part in the development in a new game from alpha onwards is worth 90$. Won't go above that though, not as hyped as for PA because it simply has not as much TA in it.
  3. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

Probably going to back, looks like fun.
  4. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I will say...yes
    But im only doing the minimum tier of 20$ (atm) because im not sure at how well Uber will deliver on their promise. Still doesnt mean i dont like the idea of the game itself, im all for companies trying to make new RTS games because lets face it, very few RTS games these days are very large (besides the anomaly 'Starcraft 2' and to lesser extent, company of heroes).
    Also im not suprised by the move to human resources, many dev companies are ALWAYS working on at least 2 games, usually they only have one announced and another early in development. But Uber is a bit more open then most companies (after toy rush, i wondered what they would move to but was thinking they would avoid press around it because of all the bad rep PA is getting atm...turns out i was wrong anyways xD )
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

No, I will not be backing this project, as I don't really see much of a need for me to do so, not that I have the money.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Agreed.

Anyone not backing $20 is probably doing so in spite of their own face, how is the value of any game not worth 20? There are a lot of smaller 20 dollar games I bought.

$40 gets you $50 worth of SMNC store cash from what I hear. That is a return in and of itself, I admit the value is limited in such a thing but it could be tried to flip some value, I would guess some effort would achieve $10 if you simply pawned the $50 to other SMNC players in trade.

$90 gets you a copy of PA AND a the SMNC cash, also technically a direct value in and of itself free, including the access to alpha which is very "involved" if you care to be a part of the evolution of the PA Engine.

The rest are physical collectibles. I would probably upgrade later if I cared to, but I will probably settle for $90.
  7. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

As soon as they announce support for my OS. Being part of the alpha was a great experience and the game looks pretty neat. Wondering about the DRM though...
    cdrkf, n00n, GoodOak and 2 others like this.
  9. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I was thrilled to hear about this! I'm excited to see what happens with it... PA is an excellent grand-scale RTS, but a wackier, more tightly-scaled one with the same engine should be a real treat.
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No matter what I'm like my experience of participating PA development so I'll put some bucks into any Uber project on Kickstarter as long as it's met two conditions: no DRM guarantee and Linux support.
    bradaz85, cdrkf, n00n and 3 others like this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'm thinking about $90, although i won't be doing it until i see more stuff about the game.

I never had the chance to back PA, but i wanted to. I don't want to miss the chance this time.

Uber has my trust and the experience that i feel comfortable with.
  12. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

I backed at $90. I have mixed feelings regarding Planetary Annihilation, in that it did not live up to the Kickstarter pitch entirely, but it wasn't too far off either. I think that's what makes it so frustrating - it's so damn close, but it's not that easy to get there. But my hope is that Uber will still make good on their promises as far as modding and other basic features (like the server, etc). And if this new project, which, aside from PA is really cool, makes the PA a better engine and they can both grow together - that's ideal in my opinion.

I'm also a sucker for anything giant monster oriented, so there's that.
    kayonsmit101 and lokiCML like this.
  13. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

@klovian Soooo you should not get your wife that car and just back this :)
  14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

A project maybe without SXX's ridiculously advanced troubleshooting skills? Now there is some to be very afraid about. ;)
    tollman, bradaz85 and n00n like this.
  15. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

Last edited: October 3, 2014
  16. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

Ha hell no. I'm going to wait this one out. I have no confidence in them continuing to support a game. We've got 2 good examples of such and PA is looking like it might go the way of the dodo too. I don't care that they've said they've got another dev team on it. I've been here since Xbox MNC and I know the pattern now.
    tatsujb and LeatherNeck2382 like this.
  17. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

I immediately jumped in at $20. It actually might be more interesting to me than PA, but I didn't really take advantage of being in alpha/beta with PA so I don't think I need to do it again.
  18. Geers

Geers Post Master General

This should be moved to the HR subforum.
  19. leighzer

leighzer Member

I'll see, I really do love uber's vision and ambition. I'll see how Planetary Annihilation ends up shaping out in future and base my decision off that, because as of right now I'm quite shaken. Where PA is now as a released product as many would agree is quite lacking, and I don't know if I could go through that with another game.
    I do feel though that a "Things taken for granted in PA" thread should be made, it'd be cool to have all of the features visible and not visible of the game stated so people can better appreciate PA for what it is. Developing games is a daunting task that takes so much time and work and people should see that. Yet also the developers should be careful of what they are promising to include in the package of the game as well to keep fans happy. /rant.
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

No, it's not a game that I'll have fun with, at least not as much as PA. Needz moar massive armiez.