1. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Quote: "We realize that some of you might take this news as concerning, so we wanted to come out and say this: work on Planetary Annihilation will not stop if Human Resources funds; both games will have a team dedicated to these separate projects.

In other words, things will stay the same. A Planetary Annihilation team will continue its amazing work on the game, and you’ll keep receiving new updates with new features, fixes, and mechanics. Meanwhile, a separate team will roll into pre-production on Human Resources."

Here is the link:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...nnihilation-fans-about-human-resources.64719/

Please also take a look here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ckstarter-from-uber.64718/page-2#post-1009751

And here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/my-past-two-weeks.64732/

Original Post:
    Holy cow... this forum is a nightmare.

@People:
    PA is far from finished? Yes! I agree!
    The Kickstarter for a new game is a marketing failure? Yeah, maybe! Maybe not...
    To freak out because I am frustrated, angry or sad? I could do it. But what for?

Uber announced a kickstarter for a new game. That's it. And they said in their official note to the fans of PA:

"We realize that some of you might take this news as concerning, so we wanted to come out and say this: work on Planetary Annihilation will not stop if Human Resources funds; both games will have a team dedicated to these separate projects.

In other words, things will stay the same. A Planetary Annihilation team will continue its amazing work on the game, and you’ll keep receiving new updates with new features, fixes, and mechanics. Meanwhile, a separate team will roll into pre-production on Human Resources."

Here is the link:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...nnihilation-fans-about-human-resources.64719/

Please also take a look here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ckstarter-from-uber.64718/page-2#post-1009751

And here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/my-past-two-weeks.64732/

Please let them do their work! Otherwise it will take longer and longer. I want to see some progress. And the whining is killing their abillity to make progress on PA. Why? Because now all the energy is needed to calm the people.

So please stop it!
    Last edited: October 3, 2014
  2. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

3. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

If people replies to this thread about being whiny and then start discussion, just don't alright, say a few words but try to minimize arguing.
  4. rorschachphoenix

Okay... I'll change it.
  5. doud

doud Well-Known Member

"work on Planetary Annihilation will not stop if Human Resources funds"

otherwise it will stop ?
    Just saying, because if the kickstarter failing means no more PA development, it would be better to tell us that we really have to back this game ....
    bradaz85 likes this.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Your arguements are very sadistic.

A mother would love her son even if he did wrong...

...so she wouldn't love him if he did right?

Educate yourself on rhetoric, transitive property of algebra doesn't work inversely.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

You would be surprised how much i could educate you on algebra and on maths in general .... :cool:
    cola_colin likes this.
  8. rorschachphoenix

@Devs: Can we get a statement on that point? I think it's just bad choice of words. But an official statement would be very cool.
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

nononoNONONO! Quit asking for the devs to clarify things they already said clear as day. If they clarified it already, there is no reason for them to tell you over and over again in different ways each day "else they not communicatin' ".
  10. rorschachphoenix

You may have right. But some people still need a simple "we will work on PA, whether Human Resources gets funded or not"...
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think it isn't a wise to make statements about your kickstarter project that go "okay guys if this fails, ...."
    You make people think that you think it may fail and that's bad.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  12. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Sure, but you know, this statement they made ... They perfectly knew what would be the reaction, meaning they know people are unhappy with the lack of commitment, the lack of status for the features we're waiting on. And instead of clarifying the status we're waiting for, they make this statement. Couldn't they think about it twice ?
  13. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Only time will tell I suppose. Just see this as the first phase of PA development winding down.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  14. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Nothing in the quoted statement implys that it will stop if HR doesn't fund, that would be jumping to conclusions.
    DalekDan likes this.
  15. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Surely they could have quite easily re-assured people that they wouldn't stop developing PA if they didn't get funded too, just as they re-assured the opposite. I did find the words strange myself.
  16. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

It was just poorly written, it means " even if the kickstarter project generates the funds to start production, there will be a dev team on pa as well and not the whole team on this new project.

it doesnt mean "if this new project doesnt fund, pa devolopment stops.

calm down...
    cptconundrum likes this.
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Sure, they could sit down and confirm or deny any number of possible conspiracy theories for hours, but in the end people just end up believing what they want anyway.

In direct spite of proof.
  18. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

You added the word "even", which gives the sentence a different structure.

"A mother would love her son even if he did wrong." "A mother would love her son if he did wrong."
    "You snore if you're comfortable." "You snore even if you're comfortable."
  19. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

While they ask the world for development money, sure why not? What proof u on about? The direct result of the last KS? :D haha
  20. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

Their use of English is fine, your grasp (and by this I mean anyone concerned) of English is however not.