A Note To Planetary Annihilation Fans About Human Resources

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, October 2, 2014.

1. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Awesome!!! I am a bit less hyped than with the PA kickstarter trailer, but I am going to back this for sure!!

Also any engine additions made for Human resources might also be used by Planetary Annihilation, so this is good for both games ;)
    And even though the PA team has halved, it was already doubled during the process of building PA, so I bet new stuff will keep coming!!

And yes, will you guys support paypal again, or only after the initial funding has finished?
    dala1984 likes this.
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Look im happy that Uber is wanting to iterate on the RTS genre more, we certainly need more modern RTS games.

im worried about the backlash people with have on this game, its certainly going to piss alot of people off

and quietly im worried if the team is going to be split to make both games, PA isnt even finished yet
    bradaz85 and tatsujb like this.
  3. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

I dont even beleive what i am reading. How do you expect any of us to back this when you didnt even deliver on PA?

Edit: 'Planetary Annihilation’s vision has been achieved or else we wouldn’t have launched it, but that was just one journey. We embarked on a more adventurous one the second we updated it to 1.0.'

This.. WHAT THE **** IS THIS? ITS VISION HAS BEEN ACHIEVED? BY WHOS STANDARDS? CERTAINLY NOT THE KICKSTARTERS?
    bradaz85, bignick277, nawrot and 7 others like this.
  4. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

They might have halved the team working on PA, but you can't have too many people working on the same game anyways. As they say, more cooks makes worse soup (or something like that, direct translation from swedish, basically means that a LOT of people are just gonna get in the way of each other). The game looks really good aswell, and hopefully it will be awesome.
    dala1984 and gabooo like this.
  5. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Personally, I think this could turn out better than expected, because once PA's cashflow starts decreasing, other games can support it. Plus, more money is better for development. (And they've learned a bunch from PA, I imagine)
    dala1984, Pendaelose and cptconundrum like this.
  6. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

i don't know, but i think i would be better if they announced this KS campaign alittle later, and made the campaign time a little longer.

question: how much time was the KS campaign for PA?
  7. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

wow, the funding period of PA was 30 days!, this game just might workout
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  8. overwatch141

overwatch141 Active Member

"...we had a huge Kickstarter on [Planetary Annihilation] and we have delivered on it"
    Really?
    ace63, bradaz85, nawrot and 4 others like this.
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Technically yes, they did have a product to deliver.
    dala1984, Pendaelose and cdrkf like this.
  10. cingal

cingal New Member

It's a bit vague to say "Team".

Teams are made up of a certain number of people, and just saying "Team" does not ensure us that the same amount of people are working on one product as the other.

I'm likely correct in assuming that some of the people who worked on PA are now on HR.

It's reasonably to have doubts about things we don't know anything about.

So, to ask a question directly.

"Are the same number of people working on PA now as there were before HR came up?".

This is not an accusation, I do not say this as a claim that you're abandoning the product, simply taking interest in the continued development.
    DeadStretch, raphamart and tatsujb like this.
  11. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Are you guys singlehandedly reviving the RTS genre ?

are those robots eating people... I'M IN :D
    dala1984, Pendaelose, gabooo and 3 others like this.
  12. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Sorian already posted that more than half the company is still on PA. I'm sure they will shift people around over time, but it sounds like they definitely have many more months of work planned.
    dala1984 and totalannihilation like this.
  13. cingal

cingal New Member

That's still vague.

I'm not saying that they don't have work planned or anything like that.

But, "more than half" is meaningless if we won't know how many before hand.

If before HR, 75% of Uber was working on PA, and now it's 50%, how can they claim to be confident development won't be affected, after losing 50% of the people working on a project?
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

If you do the math, they lost 33% of people from the PA team, according to your model. And those are probably people specialized in graphics, artstyle etc., so people who they do not need in the PA team.
    cptconundrum and websterx01 like this.
  15. cingal

cingal New Member

You are correct.

However, It's still speculation.

I'm not arguing to be convinced, I'm arguing to be informed.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  16. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Let's hope for information and answers then.
  17. raphamart

raphamart Member

Seems interesting, but i'll wait until the next big PA update to see its progress to decide if I can kickstarter this. I Love PA so much and I wish all success for Uber, but as a customer i have to admit i'm a bit disappointed with the way PA launch was taken.
    bradaz85 and lokiCML like this.
  18. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Why should I back HR kickstarter Project when Uber have not delivered upon previous kickstarter Project commitments in full?:confused: E.g. half finished stretch goals like galactic war, etc.;)
    bradaz85, nawrot, elkanfirst and 4 others like this.
  19. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Well they are not telling you to do it, but they are telling us that there is the possibility. If you don't like it or trust it don't back it. Your choice.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  20. omega4

omega4 Member

This recent announcement about Human Resources makes me glad I didn't become an early supporter of PA and pay $100+ dollars for it.

With that said, I wish Uber all the luck in the world on their Kickstarter campaign for Human Resources. They're going to need it....
    ace63, bradaz85, nawrot and 1 other person like this.