Metal Planets & Moons Can't Coexist?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by LeadfootSlim, October 2, 2014.

1. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I was in a multiplayer match where I was attempting to build Catalysts, when I heard the familiar klaxons of a planet launch. I suspected that one of the major players was preparing to obliterate the other, and that I'd have at least a ghost of a chance to fire off a laser. Instead, I discover that the moon is heading right for me...

Sure enough, the resultant crater erases half of the available Catalyst points, making it impossible for the Annihilaser to be used by anyone at any point in the match. So I have to ask; is it folly to place launchable moons and Metal planets in the same system now?
  2. wienerdog4life

wienerdog4life Active Member

3. kerbalweirdo123

kerbalweirdo123 New Member

To me, it sounds like one of the few ways to disable an annihilaser, short of a full blown invasion.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Asteroid bombardment is the number.... 2 answer to a enemy metal world, with the number one being another metal world.
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Its the best reason to planetsmash next to killing a commander right
    corteks and bengeocth like this.
  6. kerbalweirdo123

kerbalweirdo123 New Member

What happens if 2 metal planets fire at each other at the same time?
  7. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

It causes a tear in the space-time continuum which expands at twice the speed of cosmic inflation across the universe.
    komandorcliff and vrishnak92 like this.
  8. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Essentially meaning, everything dies XD
  9. wienerdog4life

wienerdog4life Active Member

One fires first and kills the other. There is no way they can fire at the same time from a technical standpoint.
    verybad likes this.
  10. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

I had someone planet smash the lazer, before i started to build catalysts, i bet he didnt even know i was there. (and he rid the moon down in glorious sacrifice.)
  11. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

It's not folly, it's an excellent idea. A smashable moon (especially one where the halleys can be built quicker than the catalysts) adds some depth to the game as it means the metal planet is not the only target, there is a way to stop it. There's even a steam achievement for destroying an incoming moon with the laser I believe.
  12. Baleur

Baleur Member

Why do nobody Think about the moons?
    What about if someone with evil intent, in possession of a metal planet, uses the annihilaser on a poor defenceless moon?!
    The moon would be destroyed. Oh woe, why cant they coexist?
  13. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Now this is interesting, because everything doesn´t die immediately, and as soon as the lazer has started to fire the catalysts become unnecessary, so i believe that two metal-planets can infact destroy each other, at almost the same time(almost being 0<x<+–0,01s or something).
  14. corteks

corteks Active Member