The BIG List of Bugs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Sm1tty Sm1t, August 12, 2010.

1. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I'm going to try and compile a list of bugs/glitches that players are experiencing and put them in one place for the developers to track. These are graphical or game-play bugs that cause the game to work in a way not intended. These will *not* include things such as "grapple is too hard to do" or "Long-shot turrets are firing into the walls". Those such bugs are just design issues, not actual errors.

• Sometimes the framerate drops during large scale battles.
    • If you throw an airstrike on a friendly turret while it is building the beacon stands there and hops.
    • In Blitz a Gap Shot can go to the right and end up walking on the air against the side of a spawn.
    • Occasionally the burn effect stays visible after you heal, this can last up until you die and respawn, but causes no damage.
    • Support Firebase sometimes doesnt activate upon pressing Y but the cooldown still starts
    • When scoping in with sniper multiple times it can become glitchy.

Please feel free to post your errors and I will update the list as we continue.
    Last edited: August 12, 2010
  2. sokoto

sokoto New Member

Also it would be very helpful if you could be specific because Me and Smitty are planning to compile a video which shows all of the bugs and glitches.
  3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Exactly. That's 1/2 the reason I started this thread. If we can recreate the problems (which I'm sure Uber is doing, too) we can save them some time AND figure out whats causing it so we know what to avoid when playing online.
  4. sokoto

sokoto New Member

Glad you made this thread, it will keep everything nice and organized and informative and you can easily add a link once we compile our video.
  5. Archangel

Archangel New Member

Jetpack animations can get stuck active. Nothing else besides what you listed. The Gap Shoot is the most annoying during Blitz.
  6. vermifax

vermifax New Member

Also it appears that the gunner's nade launcher and reticule aren't exactly in sync.

You can be standing and your reticule shows you have a clean shot, but your nades are going into the wall you're standing by.

This may be intentional but it is highly annoying.
  7. sokoto

sokoto New Member

When scoping in with sniper multiple times it can become glitchy.

Also jumppads can be glitchy at times, sometimes they have made me like teleport or go somewhere I never intended etc.

The second isnt too specific because its happened in different spots at different times, Ill try to be on the lookout and pinpoint the bugs specifically from now on.
  8. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I posted a topic about taunting, but with the missed-grapple animation and standard camera angle.

Also, I've had several problems getting stuck in the loading screen or in a screen where it's completely blue with just the MNC logo. This usually happens after a match and it's going back to the lobby. The only way for me to get out of it is go to the dashboard or join someone else's session. The game doesn't freeze cuz the loading screen is still moving and the Pro Tips update every so often, but I sat at the same screen for about 3 minutes before I finally joined someone.

I don't know if this is necessarily a bug, but once the host quit as the game was showing your own personal game summary and it started migrating the host. The host migration was successful, but it came back with a game screen and "The Game will begin in: 13...12...11...." While the countdown was going, the in-game clock was also counting down. When the countdown to begin playing again it went instantly back to the personal game summary and proceeded as normal. I assume it supposed to work that way, but wanted to post my experience anyway.
  9. tim

tim Uber Alumni

It's actually a mortar cannon with a low launch trajectory. That thing weighs a ton and is quite difficult to lift above the waist. You can also blow your toes right off if you try to fire it down from a bridge or catwalk!
  10. loveassassin13

loveassassin13 New Member

11. Shadow09

Shadow09 New Member

I have also had a glitch, which I might add is very helpful. It's for the Assassin class. Sometimes when I use dash and grapple someone I sometimes end up with a glitch that allows me to stay in dash but without using any of the skill. Kind of weird but it kind of helps too in the process. Oh and the burning is annoying at times when playing too.
  12. Kinarion

Kinarion New Member

Turret Mode - Exiting the Gunner's turret mode I found myself stuck in a 1 frame animation loop of exiting/entering turret mode. Mobility was severely reduced, but I was able to move. Manually using the Turret Skill did not solve the problem for several repetitions, until, at what I estimate was the fourth attempt, I was able to proceed normally out of turret mode.

Charge Skills vs. Turret Mode - From the Turret's perspective, when Tanks or Assaults land a direct charge on a gunner in Turret Mode, the charging character clips off the gunner's screen in the last moments of the charge. This seems to be either a camera issue that creates a point-blank blind spot, or else a collision detection issue that allows the charging character to clip through the turret.

Longshot Turrets on Steelpeel - Longshot mortars are completely blocked by Steelpeel's level design. The inability of players to repurpose emplaced turrets creates a situation in which the nub is effectively locked to the detriment of the team.

Unconfirmed: Hacked turret notifications - Kill and assist notifications may not be appearing correctly for supports' hacked turrets.

Unconfirmed: Supports Healing Jackbots - The Heal/Hurt gun does not seem to raise Jackbots' health bar after it has been diminished.
  13. BigBMcG

BigBMcG New Member

An addittional glitch which I have been having is only while playing as a support character do my stats get tracked. If I play any other class, none of the kills, upgrades, time played, assissts, nothing is saved. I have tried all the classes both online and off. Not sure if anyone else has reported this problem. Its pretty annoying to play for several hours only to have none of the stats be counted.

Thank you.
  14. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

This is in no way meant to question your intelligence -- you are aware that kills are only counted when killing other players, right, not bots?
  15. BigBMcG

BigBMcG New Member

Yes.

Im refering to the protag earnings. For some reason if I kill a bot, build a turret, do anything that is counted. It only registers in the locker room if I was playing as support. Any other class, none of it is marked.
  16. imrlybord7

imrlybord7 New Member

One issue that I'm seeing all the time is the ice decal from the sniper trap sticking to players even after they have gotten out of it. It is especially annoying when trying to cloak as an assassin.
  17. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I've noticed this quite a few times and it is annoying. In my experience, this happened almost consistently when you tried to put a firebase near a ledge. I've had this happen to me on Blitz. Between the two main gates there is a raised platform. Trying to put my firebase there failed a few times.

Also happened to me once on Crossfire mode, in one of the arenas. I forget which one. The one floating over water with the mini island in the middle. I jumped on a lift to a raised walkway above one of the enemy bot spawns, but when I tried to put my firebase down, it kept failing until they found me and killed me. It was a pretty thin walkway.
  18. Proven

Proven New Member

Depoly glitch near jumppads.

Happened to me on LazeRazor. I ran out of spawn and was going to jump up to the catwalk using the jump pad while playing Tank. Because there was a turret up there, I was going to deploy quickly to avoid it just being a suicide. However, I hit deploy just as I was entering the jump pad, expecting to transform into turret mode while flying through the air and land on the ledge deployed. What happened instead was that I got sent straight up, and then fell back down on the jump pad, and then straight up again, in an infinite loop with no horizontal direction to help me move. I undeployed, but that didn't help. I didn't think to try to charge, and instead sat there bouncing for 10 seconds until someone killed me.
  19. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I've noticed a couple times where the buzz of the Assault's bomb doesn't go away right when the Assault is killed. I would kill the assault and walk over to get the dropped buffs and the buzz sound of the bomb (that is no longer there) continues. It still loudens/softens as I get closer to/further away from where the bomb used to be.
  20. tlbww

tlbww New Member

Found a glitch in LazerBlaz map but probably works on all maps.

If you deploy as a gunner on a jump pad you will be locked in that position. You cannot move. I believe you can still turn, but you will be stuck. You can still use skills.