How to find decent opponents

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mabn, September 27, 2014.

1. mabn

mabn Member

I have a problem with playing balanced games (I don't play 1v1 btw, only team games). I often win, but mostly because enemy is not expanding sufficiently. Or someone on enemy team is bad (just started playing, don't know what to do, etc..). In almost every game someone asks how to teamchat which suggests it's his first time.

How do you manage to find games with players on more or less the same skill level? (1v1 does not count)
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Yeah this is a problem with me too sometimes. It's really just a matter of waiting for a game where you find someone that's good in the lobby. It would help if more people played, and helped even more with official ladders and matchmaking.

For now there's nothing you can do.
  3. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Well ...
    • There's not going to be an official matchmaking feature any time soon
    • Whenever it'll arrive, it'll most likely be for 1vs1 matches
    • The #1 community matchmaking solution (PAStats) is for 1vs1 only
    • The ingame tags (competitive, casual) are universally ignored
    Bottom line: You simply can't find games with equally skilled players - you just stumble upon them every blue moon. You're out of luck, like everyone else, and this probably won't change in the coming weeks and months.
  4. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Put tags in the name of the game. I'm pretty new so I always punctuate my games with (FFA noobs), (2v2v2 noobs), etc. It usually works well. Ask for pros and you'll likely get them.
  5. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Join a clan. You can play team games with your clan, and more and more people are organising inter-clan team games which are great fun.

Just head on over to the recruitment and pick whoever looks like they'd suit you best.
    Nicb1 and squishypon3 like this.
  6. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Try PA Stats matchmaking, i fine that opponents there are consistently WAY stronger then any normal pub matches
  7. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

I can't help but think a global chat would go some way to alleviate this, as you'd be able to get a feel for people's skill levels a lot more easily. Such a shame that Uber have ruled it out. :(