PTE Stream: 72908

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 26, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

This. Just check how much RAM the machine has you are running on.
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

This, or simply add a slider with presets in the settings menu and note best setting for each amount of memory.
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Setting the number of Render Threads to 16 did not solve the issue (--coherent-options="--renderer-process-limit=16").
    I am also incapable to play the toutorial video anymore.

Could anybody check if any of the videos besides the GW intro video work?
  4. cola_colin

Can't start any of the videos either. Just nothing happens. The debugger logs no errors.
    PA Stats matchmaking keeps to work correctly, so it's not a general problem with youtube, more with their way of embedding it.
    Last edited: September 27, 2014
  5. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Oooooooh you can move the metal sliders and it updates instantly :D LIKE !

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what metal density and clusters do, density seems to be related to total amount of metal spots on the planet, clusters seems to increase the amount of metal spots in a small area that was chosen to have metal.

Can anyone clear this up ?
  6. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Maybe related to :
    ?
  7. cola_colin

When playing with 2 instance of PA against myself one of the PA instances always seems to get massive UI lags. That's new in the PTE. Have not checked the processes setting yet.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Sure it does. Those Belgians talk funny. ;)
    It's all community translated anyway, so it's not like it's costing dev time. Heck, they even have Klingon in the list.
    Remy561 likes this.
  9. gerii

gerii Member

Same as German and German (Austria).
    What has been changed there? It has been using the discrete card before too.
  10. elodea

elodea Post Master General

All maps in stable are showing diffferent metal patterns in pte. Is this a bug, or a consequence of the changes to the system editor? I'm curious why it's different if all that's changed with the system editor seems to mostly have been cosmetic ui improvements?

Will this be making it into stable? I only want to know whether it's worth the time to re-balance maps on the pte or not.

---

Also, metal spots are clustering much more together. Sometimes so close they actually block each other.
  11. Remy561

Here you go:

Guess that last part is a bit outdated since landingzones sometimes don't even have metalspots nowadays.

Edit:

Thread:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...sters-are-supposed-to-work.63094/#post-981538
    Quitch likes this.
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Nothing would be change for players who already configured it, but it's important for new players experience because not all of them know how to switch between Intel and Nvidia GPUs.

Originally I just asked @jorgenpt find if it's possible to make something to always run Coherent Host on same GPU as the game because it's would solve few problems:
    1. Many players update Nvidia drivers, but not Intel one.
      Coherent need new drivers so it's won't work because it's set to use Intel.
    2. It's just would work better on most of laptops due to lower overhead when UI and game works on same GPU.
    So he find out there is special global var "NvOptimusEnablement" that give a hint to Nvidia Optimus run game on Nvidia GPU. Though as far as I get for Coherent developers it's would require re-built executable so not sure if it's applied here or not.

PS: If someone know how to do the same thing for AMD laptops I suppose this would be useful. ;)
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If you check previous page you'll see my little finding about memory usage that basically triggered by changed system editor behaviour.

Now for planets both "PREVIEW ALL" and "PREVIEW" terrain buttons no longer generate all information required by game, but only preview how planet looks like. I suppose it's don't do nav meshes as it's mentioned in first post. So basically you can preview planets a lot faster than before and they'll use mostly 2x less RAM and this is big improvement.

There also per-planet "FULL PREVIEW" buttons that trigger generations of all data used by the game so it's can also show you metal spots locations. :)
    elodea likes this.
  14. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

How about finally making mods visible by default in the lobby? I know there was a build before the release that said this was done, but it NEVER was.
    trialq and warrenkc like this.
  15. draiwn

draiwn New Member

Some feedback after a game against 3 absurd AI:

- Units still fly above moon craters

AI:
    - Still send commanders in very unsafe place. Killing an ennemy commander with one shot on its astraeus is not fun
    - AI doesn't move its avengers in a safe place when player build an umbrella just below
    - Still doesn't use Gas giant
  16. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I did not gave it any UI options to begin with. I only tried giving it some after playing videos did not work.
    My idea too was that there might be an issue with the Embedded Video Player whenever the video is actually in the internet (GW intro video is AFAIK not, while all the others are).
    Klingon is a official ISO langauge and it's Alphabets are actually part of Unicode. There is even a wikipedia in Klingon.

The default amount of UI renderer threads (4) is not ideal. It is more of a "smalest common denominator". You should consider upping it to something closer to the previous values.
  17. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Memory optimisations are always awesome,

but I'm still wondering what exactly changed to the underlying system generator algorithm that is causing planet settings in stable to create totally different planets in PTE. I'm not talking about the preview, but actually creating games which you still have to do to check for spawn balance.

I also hate to repeat it again because it's certainly not my intention to be a whiney bitch. Just want to make sure uber understands that showing all metal spots without spawn information is not very useful for map makers. The only use I can see is to show how many metal spots are present without having to load the game, but i doubt anyone is going to bother counting metal spots in the editor instead of just loading the game up with better system view anyway.

If the unfortunate tradeoff for this feature is the new wonky metal distributions we're seeing in pte, i would suggest holding off on the metal spot preview feature untill spawn information can also be previewed.

And if this is not possible, it would be nice to get an estimate of when the pte is going stable so that we know whether or not we need adjust maps inline with upcoming tournaments.
  18. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

i wonder is the thing fixed, that orbital units, that enter a planet's sphere, but didnt move yet, cannot be shot down sometimes? Cos if not, the 3 second pause is pretty useless xD
  19. Remy561

The new ingame videoplayer looks a lot better!! It was 1080p from the start and didn't even look like you just played from youtube!!
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Actually... :), from your Wikipage:
    But yeah, I know that Belgian has an official ISO language code. (As does Afrikaans and such). I didn't know that about Klingon having an ISO code though. I found the discussion about implementing it for Mozilla.
    Heh