[REL] Sentient Replays -- Display only all-human games

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by lyrid, September 23, 2014.

1. lyrid

lyrid New Member

My first mod, Sentient Replays, changes the replay browser to display only matches played entirely by humans. I got tired of sifting through Galactic Wars and comp stomps when looking for interesting games to watch.

There are also two check boxes inserted beneath the search box which allow you to reveal Galactic War and AI games if you like, which can return it to the built-in behavior of displaying everything.

It's currently on PAMM. The next update will fix the forum link (there wasn't one when I submitted) and the PA build number.

Cheers!
  2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Quick suggestion :)
    HTML:
    <label><input type="checkbox" data-bind="checked: model.ShowGalacticWars">Show Galactic Wars</label>\
    <br/>\
    <label><input type="checkbox" data-bind="checked: model.ShowAIGames">Show AI Games</label>\
    I hate labels not tied to their checkboxes (same for radios), I always click on the label and get tricked :confused:
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

That's so racist against the AI :p.

#AIrights
  4. lyrid

lyrid New Member

Done. Looks and acts much better now, thanks!
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  5. lyrid

lyrid New Member

I changed the check boxes into menu items which allow finer control of what you want to see in the list. I found that I didn't mind seeing a replay with a couple of filler AIs as long as it had at least a pair of humans.

So the interface now has two menu selections: "Minimum Humans", and "Maximum AI", which will filter out the games accordingly. The "Show Galactic Wars" check box is still around, though. I find it extremely useful.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  6. lyrid

lyrid New Member

Preferences are now saved, and it's pretty much the way I like it.

Unless some bug comes up, I'm calling it a done deal.

Cheers!
    mishtakashi and Fr33Lancer like this.
  7. lyrid

lyrid New Member

Fixed a bug where there was a false positive detecting AI games, leading to a null result when parsing the number of AI's present.
  8. lyrid

lyrid New Member

Version 1.0.6

I now access the game info directly, and no longer use regular expression hackery to count humans and AIs. Therefore, it is a little faster, and will always be accurate.

Also, you can select "0" for minimum humans. I found this necessary since I've started running test matches made up entirely of AIs.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  9. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

I think that something might be wrong with this version. I say that because when I switch my view to "My Games Only", then I don't get any results in the Replay list. Yet, when I switch back to the default "All Recent Games", then it lists my games in the mix normally. There were no AI players in my recent games when I attempted the View change.
  10. lyrid

lyrid New Member

Thanks for the report!

I did some bug testing and couldn't find much -- "My Games Only" works OK for me. The only way I could trigger a blank list with "My Games Only" selected is when I chose to sort by "Most Viewed" (lol).

However, I suspect that there might be a version incompatibility with really old games (which will show up if they are personal games), so now I only filter if the build version is greater than 72331 (wild guess).

If the new Sentient Replays version (1.0.7) doesn't help, please tell me; I find this bug kind of interesting, actually...

Thanks for helping out :)
  11. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

I think that I have an issue with the link between my Uber Username and my Display Name. For some reason after one of the recent builds, my Display Name will not show up properly anymore (I am not running it via Steam). I've tried resetting it a bunch of times on UberEnt.com, but it doesn't work. So, anyway, long story short, I don't think that there is an issue with your mod, it's my issue. Sorry for the false alarm.
  12. lyrid

lyrid New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I think in general I'm going to spread a little more error checking around anyway, since if a javascript error happens, it hoses the whole list.

Hope you get the Display Name issue figured out! Cheers!