Rate the game

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by trialq, September 23, 2014.

?

Rate PA out of 10

Poll closed September 30, 2014.
  1. 1

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. 4

11 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. 5

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. 6

33 vote(s)
    16.5%
  7. 7

67 vote(s)
    33.5%
  8. 8

48 vote(s)
    24.0%
  9. 9

11 vote(s)
    5.5%
  10. 10

10 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

To get a 1 you'd basically need to have no game at all, 10s and 1's are both trolls essentially.
    thetrophysystem, ace63 and vackillers like this.
  2. darkmecha

darkmecha Member

I like the system editor really fun. I like the game play overall. I love comp bashing in this game got my way up to hard and beat it twice and now working on absurd...which is like omg &*#*#*&&*&)!!!!!
  3. foerest

foerest Member

I give it a 10, I even bought 3 copies for my brothers and they have enjoyed it to over any other rts, I see big things coming out of this engine
    MrTBSC, raphamart, Planktum and 2 others like this.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Not being able to play the game is a legitimate reason for a 1, in the absence of a set criteria for what you are rating for.
    Planktum likes this.
  5. squishypon3

That's what I said? :p

Edit: Well not exactly, but not being able to play the game is pretty close to having no game. :p
  6. thattallsteve

thattallsteve New Member

For me, a 9. The game was fun when I got it(Christmas), and honestly it's better now, then I thought it was going to be. :) The good thing about being a pessimist. You're either right, or pleasantly surprised.

(Plus BOLOS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolo_(tank):eek::p)
    cdrkf and squishypon3 like this.
  7. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

1/10 not enough swag
    obamadagodman likes this.
  8. lucidnightmare

lucidnightmare Member

Currently a 6 (mostly due to unpolished aspects), but with a lot of potential.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

10. Higly recommended from me. Even with all the technical bugs and incomplete functionality, it's still ahead of any RTS currently existing. No unit limits, area and automation commands, multiple spherical maps, amazing teamplay, epic orchestral soundtrack, robots, and high levels of destruction and carnage. It makes me sad to think about games like StarCraft.
  10. dusanak

dusanak Member

I rate it at 8 in its current state, it's a great amount of fun already and I luckily don't get almost any crashes. But if I had to rate it based on it its potential, it would be a clear 10. When this game gets polished and gets the most important features, it may be very well one of the best strategy games in the history of the gaming. And if not, well we still have an amazing game to play. :)
    Planktum likes this.
  11. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

i gave it a 1 as this game did nothing for me at all. i am angry as i love supcom FA and now see that pa is tiny in comparison
  12. Timevans999

why would you give an 8 for 1v1 that is almost dumb
  13. squishypon3

Because he doesn't really play multiple player games I suppose,
  14. Timevans999

wiow noiw your making shite up about me thanks for that
  15. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

what are you talking about? he did nothing of the sort!
    squishypon3 likes this.
  16. squishypon3

Yep, I was talking about Cola, as he plays mainly 1v1s if I remember correctly. Heck he hosts the whole 1v1 ladder. :p
  17. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

6 for overall good game but still needs work. more
  18. wstxbb

wstxbb Member

I will give 8 for this game if there is not stupid lags in some of the game(I play 1v1 mostly, and I don't think my internet have problem as I fine play any other games). I almost want to throw my mouse out of the window when I play slide-show game if it is record for pa stats.
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i refuse to rate the game with a score because to me that doesnt realy say anything about the game ...
    "i rate it 1!" because it doesn´t work for software/hardwarereasons?, because it´s missing feature/content x? because you genuinly don´t like it?

the way scores are given is way to subjective and vague ... it just gives a tendency torwards positive or negative views
    but those views are not explained ... you can´t see weither people include rating pure on gameplay or what other factors they base their rating on ...

also what you rate right now here will be fixed you won´t be able to change the rating as the game continues to develope ..

if i would ask people to rate the game purely on gameplay i am positive the ratings will be way different than displayed as above ..

a rating with the answer "can´t play" would not matter in this case as you can´t find out if the game is fun or not when you cant play it at all ... ...
    and not being able to play the game doesn´t realy tell others weither they might like the gameplay or not ..
    long before i played supcom fa and i liked it´s gameplay ... now i can´t play it for some software reasons ... does that automaticaly mean the gameplay is not fun because i can´t play it?
    and this is my general problem: too many people rate or recommend/not recommend the game for technical reasons
    that doesn´t say anything about the general gameplay of the game being fun or not ... and this to me doesn´t feel right ...
    it is absolutely not wrong to tell people what your personal experiences are with the product as a whole
    as that might indicate people may run into issues
    but it is not neccesarily descriptive of the actual meat of the game ...
  20. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Bump for visibility, the poll is open for one more day.