[2012] TotalBiscuit Interview with PA Devs [2012]

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Zainny, September 24, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

What video? Where?

I only found this, which discussing the pricing for Alpha on Steam:

and a video on the alpha build.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

He posted a comment via Twitter with a picture of him pointing to the boxed early access eddition and a caption of 'WTF!'

He's not a fan of early access so I guess it's not surprising.
    MrTBSC, Quitch and squishypon3 like this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

@cdrkf

Yep, and people like him go on about how terrible and horrible it is, making everyone believe so. It sucks because I've loved every KS and early access game I've been a part of. :(
  4. Geers

Yeah I saw that. But as far as I know he's never actually discussed his opinion on boxed early access, PA beta and beyond, or Uber besides that interview and that preview.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  5. squishypon3

I guess he lost so much respect, he won't even talk about how "terrible" it is? :p
  6. Geers

Wha?
  7. squishypon3

Well I mean, obviously he was hugely unhappy with it, and I can't see why he hasn't made a video about it. Was joking about the whole so little respect for Pa he won't even make a video about it.
  8. Geers

OHHHH I thought you meant Totalbiscuit lost respect (from his audience).
  9. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

My bad, he postet it on twitter, in another video he only talks about that "beta/alpha" etc. cant be an excuse for devs anymore, since Devs are abusing this to sell bad games trying to be immune to criticismn since its "still in beta"
    elkanfirst likes this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well whatever you think about Uber / PA you can't accuse them of hiding behind Beta any more :p
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No, now they can complain the release was much too early instead.
    DeadStretch, stuart98, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  12. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Kickstarter is fine (for the most part) you donate to an idea.
    But paid early access tends to dodge the reviews and criticism while still making money, and when making money devs can easily cut the updates off and call it quits without finishing a game but still making money
    elkanfirst likes this.
  13. Timevans999

Timevans999 Active Member

No one is saying the most obvious things like where is the scale that was promised. and two where is the lan that was promised. The galactic war was a complete ruses that was meant to be a real time environment with thousands of planets what a rip off
  14. Timevans999

More post and comment has been deleted on this site that I have ever seen. Read this quickly before its deleted
  15. squishypon3

1000+ units per team happens all the time, lan/offline and server are being worked on, devs had said so many times. And a dynamic environment with thousands of planets was literally never the idea, that was entirely assumption based as we didn't get much information on GW. Most of us knew it'd probably be something like this, be it something like Galactic conquest from BF2, or Galactic War from FAF, or even more so like Boneyard from TA.
    Last edited: September 25, 2014
  16. fissure

fissure Member

Yeah, when I joined the kickstarter, they made it out to sound as if Galactic War was going to be a multiplayer game setting with tons of players. Technically it is 'multiplayer' in that there's multiple commanders, and it's online only, but this is NOT what they led me to believe. The game is unfinished, and I personally feel it was 'released' far too early with the sorry state that naval and orbital are in, and the performance issues people have had. They touted being able to save and load on the fly at any point through the chronocam as a "core" feature of the game, and it's still not here.

The most annoying thing of all though is how the devs have been dead silent for the past week. No posts, no info on how they're moving forward, nothing. With all the criticism they're receiving, silence is not what they should be providing.
    Last edited: September 25, 2014
    elkanfirst, Timevans999 and ace63 like this.
  17. Timevans999

oh my god i could not agree more
  18. squishypon3

Multilayer galactic war is still going to be a thing, it's still coming. :p

Also this is actually incorrect, as Brad has made a post talking about offline earlier this week I believe.
  19. fissure

fissure Member

I hope multiplayer galactic war is coming...do you have a link for that?

For that second part, do you have a link? I must have missed that somewhere. I know they're working on an offline mode, but I like seeing numbers, deadlines, etc. though I know they don't like posting deadlines because if they're off by 1 minute someone calls them on it. They should perhaps do something akin to what Planetside 2 does with their roadmap, and has done for nearly a year effectively. It allows for community feedback, but also acts as a communication tool and provides rough monthly goals.

http://www.planetside2.com/roadmap/
  20. squishypon3

I have been listing every offline is still coming response I've found by Brad here.

But here's the most recent quote of him saying it's coming:

DeadStretch likes this.