Can't load mission in Galactic War

Discussion in 'Support!' started by michaelid13, September 23, 2014.

1. michaelid13

michaelid13 New Member

Hello!

I played some missions in Galactic War and stuck on mission with main enemy commander. It just won't load - I have loading animation and client does nothing. After I close game and restart - it says that I'm on mission, but when I press "Reconnect" it's failing to reconnect.

Other missions work fine. Tried to use original launcher and tried to press F5. Something else?
  2. michaelid13

michaelid13 New Member

Well, I turned all settings to minimum and then waited ~15 minutes and map loaded. There was 3 "Death Star" planets...
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's insanely long. Did you run out of memory by any chance? How much do you have in your computer? Oh, and is your OS 64-bit?
  4. michaelid13

michaelid13 New Member

I have 64-bit. 8 Gb RAM.

It wasn't run out of memory. It's just didn't load. After 2-3 mins game took 1 Gb of RAM, then 5 minutes pause, 1 GB, 5 minutes pause - 1 GB. When it took 5 GB - it loaded.
  5. DeathByDenim

Can you upload the PA log from that session? It should show what PA has been up to during the planet generation phase. You can find the logs in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log".
  6. michaelid13

michaelid13 New Member

Nope, it was rewrited =(

If I will play Galactic War again, will try not to forget to save.
  7. daTomas

daTomas Member

It happened to me too, and I have a more than adequate pc.

It's last battle agains orange faction leader, other users were reporting the same thing some weeks ago. In my case it take more than 30 minutes to load and i have i4690 and 16 gb ram.
  8. DeathByDenim

Did you by any chance still have those log files? I'm curious to see where the hold-up is. There is a nice breakdown of how long what takes for the planet generation. If there is something odd going on there, then that info could help the devs.
  9. daTomas

daTomas Member

Here is the only log in that directory, don't know if helps.

Attached Files:

10. DeathByDenim

Thanks! All the planet generation stuff seem to take under two minutes in all of the three games you played that session though.
  11. daTomas

daTomas Member

Yes, but I think that that is some new log. I am close to recreating the same condition, and if it acts strangely, I will upload new log.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  12. daTomas

daTomas Member

I tried to recreate same bug, epic gw with orange leader at the end, this time loading was faster, not at all like previous time. There was three death stars too. Here's the log.

It seems that with latest version it is resolved.

Attached Files:

DeathByDenim likes this.
  13. rtsd2

rtsd2 New Member

I have very similar problem after upg. my 64 bit computer with new memory 8gb in 1 module (I cant play missions other things works fine)
    I will be most greatfull for solving my problem , if it posible please send msg.

Some logs from today attached in file:

Attached Files:

14. DeathByDenim

Adding more memory to your computer would have kicked in the offline server if you had less than 8GB before. Sometimes certain software can interfere with your connection to the local server for some weird reason. Do you have any software on this list?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/
  15. rtsd2

rtsd2 New Member

I been using some programs from the list before when (before upg from 6gb to 8gb memory)
    Now the test was on 'empty system Windows 7 64 bits' -no other programs running...still the same (online game works fine , but missions not)
    I have no idea what is all about , any other suggestions ?
  16. DeathByDenim

There was some VPN software that interfered with the connection between the PA client and the local server (Hamachi, I think? I don't remember). Anyway, what you can do to get it at least working again is to go to [SETTINGS] -> [SERVER] and turn the local server off. That will let you play your Galactic War games on the Uber servers again like you did before when you had only 6GB. That saves a bunch of CPU as well, but it does mean you need to be connected to the Internet all the time (as before).

Otherwise let me know if you want to get the offline server working, then we can do some more troubleshooting.