Abandon War button.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by andordrakon, September 13, 2014.

1. andordrakon

andordrakon New Member

Really? Abandon War button in battle menu? Why would anyone need such a thing? All progress lost, nothing do but start again? Why did you put a button that allows you to abandon whole campaing?
    darktactics and Krossmaskinen like this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Given the random nature of drops in gw, sometimes its easier to restart if you don't get any useful tech near the start. I guess this is just to allow players to quickly try again...?
    squishypon3 likes this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

So you can delete a campaign you no longer want to play, and start a new one?
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Why not?
  5. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

What I would like to see is the ability to abandon a war from the war selection screen. It is a little ridiculous to have to load up a battle just so that I can abandon a war I am no longer interested in playing.
    websterx01 and tatsujb like this.
  6. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I mean, I didn't bat an eye when I saw it, seems pretty legit to me
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. andordrakon

andordrakon New Member

Well, it seems i didnt make myself clear enough. Guys, if you accidentally CLIKC this USELESS button (just like me), all your progress is lost. Totally. GAME OVER start again. WHY WOULD anyone need such a button in the first place? And why you can access it druing actual battle?
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It does ask you to confirm first.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  9. squishypon3

It's not useless though? You use it to end a galactic war you're bored of, or if you get bad tech and just want to reset. It has a real reason to be there, it should give a warning though. A popup saying "Warning, this will delete your save, are you sure you want to do that?"

That'd be pretty nice, but anyway... More options are better than less.
    Geers likes this.
  10. squishypon3

Does it? Okay... Then that was sorta' your fault @andordrakon . ^^;
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this.
    igncom1 likes this.
  12. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Exactly that option should be present before you load up a fight not while you are in the middle of one.
  13. qu3l

qu3l New Member

Indeed
  14. webkilla

webkilla New Member

Ok, so I was just playing a Galactic War level - and found that due to poor choices I was loosing...

So, I wanted to quit.

So I pressed escape and saw "Abandon War" - well that seemed to fit. Seemed more proper than ALT+F4.

...and then I find that pressing that button, while inside an ongoing battle, COMPLETELY ERASES YOUR GALACTIC WAR GAME

As in, can't restart that map, lost all progression - everything.

I don't think I've ever seen a game - of any kind - that had a "please delete my save-file" button inside the game.

I feel like I need to punch someone in the face. This is about the most agravating thing I have ever encountered in a single game, ever, and I've played quite a lot of games.

...that was 6 hours of galactic war gameplay down the toilet - and there wasn't even a warning pop-up going "Are you sure? This will delete this Galactic War completely, not just return you to the galaxy map"

By the hairy balls of Gaben: This is unacceptable in so many different ways
  15. webkilla

webkilla New Member

...and that matters NOTHING if you don't have any context for that confirmation. If you just think its a classic "Do you want to confirm you want to quit this specific battle" then its worthlses.

The warning just says that all progress and tech will be lost... which you'd kinda expect to be told since it sounds suspicously similar to being told "all progress and loot currently amazed on this level will be lost if you quite"

Nobody will think it deletes the entire savegame! FIX THIS!
    cptconundrum likes this.
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

You have a good point. They should make the confirmation box more clear.
  17. webkilla

webkilla New Member

You don't say

[​IMG]
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. nevr0n

nevr0n New Member

I haven't seen the text, but I would assume making it more clear would be a good idea.

I think when you start the first GC it says death is permanent, or something along those lines. Somehow I knew the consequences of pressing abandon.
    squishypon3 and cptconundrum like this.
  19. webkilla

webkilla New Member

Well its not just that - it should be in the primary 'war management' menu where you pick what war you wanna have a go at that you should have the option to delete ongoing wars... not inside the battles themselves
  20. squishypon3

Quitting a battle is admitting defeat, I suppose GW assumes you lost the war, not sure how other roguelikes go through it, I can't remember if FTL had a flee button or not...