campaigns [galactic war] locked: HOW TO UNLOCK THEM

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by rayzone12, September 22, 2014.

1. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

what is the order of the campaigns to open the 4 locked campaigns in the GW side of this game.
    i now have 2 unlocked but i don't seem to be able to open the other 2, is there a game tree or tech or commander tree to look at in order to open the other 2 locked GW campaigns in the game.
    THANKS... in advance.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You mean the commander loadouts? You have to find them in Galactic War, I think only faction leaders have them. If you select them I think it says the name of the planet they're on.
  3. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

ok i think i understand but i have played orbital, assault, vehicle and bot and the one with two loadouts with the commanders you start with and one more the all factory loadout, but i only unlocked two of them will go back and read again. thanks for the reply. air combat is the one i might need now and redo that one.
  4. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

It kinda sucks that just completing GW earns you nothing. I did it once and what do I have for next run? Same vehicle commander. Apparently, I didn't o whatever I was supposed to do to unlock commander during first run. I don't want to start again as vehicle commander, so I guess I will not play GW anytime soon, if ever.

This needs a fix.
    corteks likes this.
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Loadout unlocks are tied mostly to the commander name of a faction leader. So as wich faction you play can have an effect (won't find the blue leader if you are the blue leader)
    There is also a luck factor. Note that "Section of..." mods can reveal technology you can find and where the faction leader are. They can even tell you if fighting one will unlock a certain commander loadout.

Vehicles is actually one of the best start sets. Due to vehicles abilities to rush commanders. The other ones tend to be a lot harder. Indeed that is what they are designed for (being harder).
    Air is very important of the support commanders, but without ground they still are at a disadvantage.
    Assault is the only set I think might be more intersting then Vehicle, as it has all 3 basic factories.

Also note that UI mods can add commander loadouts.
  6. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

ok thank you all for the comments and suggests, i never thought about the factions so i have to switch up commander/faction to get to the other faction. ok i think i got it maybe ya, right, sure i do. thanks you all:D
  7. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

It's not about better or worse, it's about variety.
  8. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

If you want to "collect" all official locked loadouts easily, just start the smallest GW size in normal difficulty, pay attention to loadout description (switch faction if need be), and use the following mod. If faction leaders does not give you a potential loadout upon victory, restart a new one. Assault loadout is definitely the best suited for single planet, General one is also useful for multi planet (if they spawn on enemy contested planet and can slow them until you back them up)
  9. trialq

trialq Post Master General

If you are into mods, use this one for new loadouts: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-galactic-war-loadouts.60187/

Or this one for new loadouts: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/new-loadouts-in-galactic-war-rex-galacticwar.64433/

They won't both work together, so just install one at a time.
  10. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

ok i am running mods now, i just install rex's loadout need to check that one. but my one question, the faction you are playing is it where you start up the game for GW those names in the color box , if soon then i totally get it. i think , also just to add WOW .... thanks for all the tips everyone, very much helpful and making me understand more and more about the game every day.

"(switch faction if need be)" ------you said that in text above how do i know which faction i am playing anyway, and how do you know which faction you need to unlock i mean those commanders that are locked how you know which faction they are in now. Man i sound stupid but i kind of get it but sought of don't. BUT i am not giving up... just love this game. thank you all again.o_O:D
  11. trialq

Faction is a colour/name combo, like you pick at the start. Legonis Machina is blue, Foundation is purple, Synchronous is orange, Revenants are red. Here are the leaders you have to fight to get the loadouts:

Legonis Machina: Artillery loadout, Commander loadout
    Foundation: Air loadout, all factories loadout
    Synchronous: Bot loadout
    Revenants: Orbital loadout, sub-commander loadout

Sometimes you won't get any loadouts, each faction leader has 3 or 4 versions and only one has a particular loadout.
  12. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

ok so this what i mean by it locked and it saids....

Commander Invictus is rumored to have this long ranged loadout on the Kohr System

now what i am asking is what faction or how do i know what faction to pick to get this one unlock... hope i made sense on this one. where do it say what faction invictus is in.
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Invictus is the leader of the Legionis Machina, the blue faction.

So in-order to unlock this load out, you need to be playing any faction but the Legionis Machina, and hope that the correct system "Kohr System" is the leader system when you go to fight him.
  14. trialq

"Long ranged loadout" is a hint, it's the artillery loadout. Legonis Machina has this loadout, so be anything but the blue team if you're trying to get it.
    igncom1 likes this.
  15. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

ok i got it, oh boy do i got it... THANK YOU AGAIN ...TRIALQ... AS USUAL :rolleyes::cool::D

AND ... AND... IF YOU OR IF I HAD KNOWN... TO READ THIS...

Synchronous Data Transmission; - [Fan Fiction]

then my dumbass would have known this...
    one must learn to read... lol...
    igncom1 likes this.