UberProbe Performance Upload Thread

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris3453

chris3453 New Member

Since V1.0 has been release i have had really poor frame rates from the AUS server (i am based in NZ). Playing Galactic War against 1 AI 1 planet 2 moons. Right from the start very poor performance with only commander.

Steps taken:
    Reduced all setting to low or off.
    Updated graphics drivers
    Switch to Ethernet Cable
    VDSL speed tests 40Mb down 10 Mb up

Please investigate

Attached Files:

2. gerii

gerii Member

Do you see any sudden FPS drops in the client view? Do you have any other apps open that use a lot of memory (like uTorrent)?
  3. nharpaz

nharpaz New Member

Hi
    After repetitive lags in the game i have greatly optimized my computer performance and removed unused processes.
    the results are still bad:
    when i start the game, in the system selection window the problem have solved.
    from 20-30spf i have now 150 aprox.

yet once i send down my commander, fps started dropping to around 20-30 (was 5-7 before).
    optimism ends here as for when i started deploying about 40 units (i have co commander with me though so it was about 60 units of his too , then and the enemy) fps started dropping to 20-10.
    whenever i moved my star, fps went down to 5-6 and once i had moret then 5060-ish units, i could start seeing things like 1.6fps, 0.7fps and such.

the battle still havent started yet, i had 4 factories - not all were even ready yet, about 7 builders and few utility buildings - about 30 mass and energy buildings and it already went this low.

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 15, 2014
  4. nharpaz

nharpaz New Member

Select all only half work

both when the game run smooth and also when it doesn't, the double click on unit to select all its type (and especially when i double click on 1 type and then wanna shift+double click next type) is very problematic.

Selection doesn't select until maybe the 3rd attempt, mostly it just work as normal select.
    If i wanna 2click the 2nd type there is a chance that a fail click will also deselect what i'v already chosen and leave only the unit i clicked on selected.

since its a widely used mechanic, to form army, add units to army, bring reinforcement and so on, I consider it as a very serious bug.
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Are you playing online or offline? I am wondering if it's the server component that is slowing you down. If you go to SETTINGS -> SERVER, you can turn it off. By default it's set to AUTO, which with your specs means it's on.

In the mean time, you can use the shortcut <Ctrl>+Z, which does the same thing as double-clicking, but is more reliable.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@bgolus here is my uber probe as requested.

Some details: I was playing in a 2 v 2, non shared armies game on Meso. Frame rates were all over the place. At game start I was getting over 100fps, this was then dropping to the mid teens, and jumping back up to 60 - 80 fps as the game progressed. Frame rate drops *appear* to coincide with the explosion effect. I've tried both with and without mods, makes no difference.

This is what I've been noticing on a regular basis on my machine. All drivers are up to date. As an additional test I've tried PA under Linux (Ubuntu 14.10) on the latest AMD propitiatory drivers and I get the same result so this *isn't* a software related problem. It could be hardware I suppose, however I'm not experiencing issues with anything else, and the machine is stable through pretty hard tests such as the latest 3D Mark and the Star Citizen alpha.

This was on the current stable build (78071). I have tried the PTE which doesn't effect the performance either way.

System specs: AMD FX 8320 at stock speeds (3.5ghz base, 8 cores). 8gb (2 x 4) DDR3 1600 ram. AMD R9 280 Gpu (3gb GDDR 5 frame buffer). OS: Windows 7 64 bit (all up to date including drivers) and Ubuntu 14.10 64 bit in dual boot.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Attached Files:

7. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Closing down this thread. If there are any performance issues to report, please create a new post in the Support Forum or email support@uberent.com for review.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.