Invade Planets?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by atharol, September 14, 2014.

?

Do you want more options to invade planets?

1. No! i'm good.

3.0%
  2. Yes!!!

97.0%
  1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I really love how summoning works!

here's some content to get you started.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/give-us-shields-come-on.60152/page-14#post-936849
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/give-us-shields-come-on.60152/page-14#post-937248
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/give-us-shields-come-on.60152/page-21#post-938198
    this one's locked unfortunately.

these aren't (two part) : have a good read :D
    DalekDan likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/why-i-dislike-planetary-annihilation.59202/page-3#post-921826
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/why-i-dislike-planetary-annihilation.59202/page-3#post-921876
  3. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

This is what you get with easy user made systems: balance issues.
    2 vs 2 would have required 3 planets to prevent stalemates.
    DalekDan and igncom1 like this.
  4. hebdomad

hebdomad New Member

[​IMG]
    This is my concept for a drop pod.

It would be a T2 unit that would be constructed much like a building and would be a single use unit.
    It has no defences and is vulnerable when on the ground being constructed.
    Can be intercepted with sufficient anti space units.

Stage 1
    Drop ship is built and is loaded with units

Stage 2
    Dropship is ordered to drop on target

Stage 3
    Drop ship is vulnerable to anti space units as it makes it's final approach.

Stage 4
    Dropship impacts with target planet doing area of effect damage whilst ejecting units.

Making unit invulnerable whitest in flight is a possibility if anti space is too strong...
    Last edited: September 21, 2014
    ArchieBuld and optimi like this.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

So it's the concept for how the orbital transport worked with the orbital launcher?
  6. wienerdog4life

wienerdog4life Active Member

7. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

i think, the orbital transport unit should be much much much cheaper. It should be a real alternative to teleporters! It should be strong enough to land also in a defended area (of course not a single one... but 100 should be able to land)

right now, its just too expensive and too dangerous and too micromanagement heavy.

an astraeus costs 600 metal!!! a teleporter 400!
    2 teleporters for 800 metal can transport an unlimited amount of units in really short time frames.

to transport 10 units with astraeus... you need 6000 metal?!?!

Think of 200 Astraues loaded with bots and tanks invading a planet! How awesome this would look! The Astraeus cost of course needs to be reduced at least by a factor of 10, maybe even more, and also needs more health. and landing needs to be less micro intensive. I mean for example, if you send the Astraeus fleet to the target planet, you need to set an area to unload (area unload??) so that they automatically start unloading when arriving!

if this would work... it basically would make the unit cannon unnecessary.

why not even take it farther...

who needs avengers and astraeus?? Those units could be a combination... 1 unit for both roles. right now we spam avengers for basically fighting other avengers... how useless :D
    Last edited: September 21, 2014
    igncom1 likes this.
  8. igncom1

To be fair, teleporters are hilariously op.
  9. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

They should just throw in everything and worry about the rants later, I call that bug patching.
  10. igncom1

That's remarkably naive about software development.
  11. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

Not really no, that's how most devs do things in the wild. Imagine having to sit behind a desk reading a list of things people want to see in a game. Then you realize some things maybe do able where as others go beyond the limits of said software design. In that case they will worry about implementing the ideas that could work. Now they run across another problem. Half of those might actually brake something the other half will need patching so what they end up implementing maybe around five percent the overall goal. Whereas if we simply allow them to achieve what they are set out to can you really call that naive?! :D
  12. hebdomad

hebdomad New Member

...Kinda. From memory the orbital transport can only carry one unit and can be destroyed very easily. Not the kind of unit you want for assaulting a heavy defended planet. This is the orbital transport taken to the extreme. Lots of units and explosive landings... It's like throwing unit pinyatas at the enemy that break open on impact/landing.
  13. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

Would be funny as hell if you could drop your commander from the transport on an enemy base thus nuking it. The old stalemate style.