Server-Side Mods for Single Player GW

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by dreamquest, September 19, 2014.

1. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

So with offline mode still in the works, are server-side mods currently possible at the moment for single player games--not just skirmishes, but GW as well?

I'm interested in creating a GodMode type of mod (just for myself... single player only!)--you know, things like increasing the Commander's health, reducing build times, etc., etc. Since this isn't a UI thing, and there are only Server Mods and UI Mods, I figure this would have to be a server mod, right? But is that possible right now, or do I need to wait for offline mode to be available?
    rayzone12 likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Yeah, it's possible.

You can do this with balance mods, and aren't limited to just GW.

There's even a mod out there that adds new GW cards.
  3. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Coolness. I'll mess around with it this weekend, then. Should be fun. If the game won't let me turtle (reference to another post I wrote a couple of days ago), I'm going to tweak a turret that will remedy that problem, by golly. :p:D

Thanks!
  4. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

The server rebalance mods are very different to Galactic War mods, but yep what you want is possible :)
  5. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

hi, if you get the mod up and runing for GW ...please post it , i use the other mods that add the card but you still have to get it by chance and have a slot open at the time to use it. well you know what i mean so you have someone you need to test it out on hit me up.
    man sure be glad when they get the offline stuff going. good luck with all of what you are doing.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I don't make mods.

I'm just letting you know that it is possible.
  7. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

As far as the GW is cocnerened, the client has full trust. It can freely decide techs, it stores the map and progress, it even prerolls the techs and faction leader positions. Most GW mods are just UI mods, that is how high the trust is right now.
    RCBM has a derivate for GW, so it is seems possible to make a server side mod for GW.
  8. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

I also wanted a GodMode of sorts for Galactic War mode. Due to that, I created my own mod that makes units faster, gives them more health, jacks resource values/storage so high it's near infinite, severely reduces build times for nearly everything, etc. It's also built as a tech you're given almost right off the bat in card form, which means the AI will NOT receive the benefits.

Check it out here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-mysticalfists-galactic-war-cheats.65450
    dreamquest likes this.
  9. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Good to know! Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I have lost interest in playing this game until they implement some sort of savegame functionality which, at this point, I am fairly confident is never going to happen regardless of all their past pre-release promises. That's why never ended up bothering to mod the game myself as I originally intended.

Edit: And just now in the general forum I see my suspicions were right no target:

[​IMG]

Note the lack of any mention of savegame functionality. Thanks, Uber. Appreciate it! (Source: Current work update posted yesterday)
    Last edited: October 23, 2014
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yes they are. Them not being on that tiny little list, doesn't mean they are not working on it. This list is of things we can expect in the very near future. Possibly the next patch even. Implementing save games it not that easy.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Let @jables answer you to your concern:

12. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

They've got save games for the Galactic War campaign, but are you talking about save games for Multiplayer and AI Skirmish? How massive are your skirmishes?!?