1. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Some systems are orange, some are purple, and some are red. What do the colors indicate about that system?
  2. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

The faction of a system, and thus the play style of the ai opponent you will be fighting. For example red seems to like to spam bots.
    dreamquest likes this.
  3. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Oh, okay. Anyone know which color means "I like to spam air units to annoy you" because I would like to avoid that color if at all possible. :D
  4. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

If you kill the faction leader associated with those system colors, all those systems will become neutral
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I think the AI in general is air happy right now. It works frightfully well when you don't have AA half the time.

By the numbers - things may play out differently a messy reality:

- Legonis Machina (blue) likes air a little
    - Foundation (purple) likes air a fair bit
    - Synchronous (orange) likes air a little
    - Revenants (red) really likes orbital, but might be half air until he gets there.
    dreamquest likes this.
  6. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Good info. Thanks!
  7. dreamquest

dreamquest Member

Oops... somehow I didn't see this... sorry for the out of order reply. :oops:

So how do you know a faction leader from a normal commander?
  8. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

When there is an icon above the system, dont worry its not hard to miss, remember theres only 3 faction leaders in any GW game from small galaxy sizes to Uber size galaxies.
    Also when you enter/dominate a system, any new system that is within reach of that system that has a faction leader will tell you that "Faction leader Spotted" but usually people miss that message ;)