[Error] Failed to unpack one or more files. Check log for details.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Shwyx, September 13, 2014.

1. ilikeapplejuice

ilikeapplejuice New Member

Can confirm: issue is fixed.

FYI: I also have PA installed on an SSD.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. sokar79

sokar79 New Member

I had the same problem described first, with the official launcher.

I got the DVD Version yesterday, installed the game, registered on uberent.com und activated key.

Started the Uber launcher and try to get the Update.. after downloading 900 MB It
    tries to unpack.. it shows message

failed-to-unpack-one-or-more-files-check-log-for-details.

I retried a couple of times .. then I found this thread and give the go launcher a try.
    This works fine for me, download was unpacked, I moved the Files in the PA/Stable Folder and it works

The usage is less complicated as thought.. because of the shortcuts.. just replaced the Username/Password and started as Administrator, it works

Thanks for the help

best regards
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I had a similar issue with the packes view. I stays at 51/52 for a complete reinstall. At least it did in the previous version of the launcher.
    I guessed a missplaced or skipped progress report line somewhere, so I never payed it any attention. Made the same stuff quite often :)
  4. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

Not sure what is causing this problem for many people. However I suspect it is a launcher issue, when you look at your launcher version after update you see it has not changed. But when you run your game client your game version has changed to reflect the latest one. Someone mentioned a problem with the launcher not updating all files. I'm not sure about that, I can offer a tip though, create a folder called "backup" now move the .exe files into the backup folder. Use or re-download/use the game launcher from the website and run that "not the .exe files in backup". I hope that fixes the issue. I suspect the launcher hangs only on the initial or close to end update. Once it has been updated using the fix I suggested earlier there is no reason not to try this method. If it doesn't work I have no idea best to report this as an issue or wait for a new release update.
  5. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

Are you still seeing the error trying to update? What version does the launcher show in the bottom left?
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

Me? I'm using a Seagate SSD as a secondary drive primary is IDE!

I experienced the same problem as the previous user so I followed your original guide with the devmode command line string. It didn't work for me, so I fiddled around and simply renamed the exe's and that did it.

On a freshly installed copy of PA I ran the launcher. The launcher for "me" anyway downloaded everything except the last few bytes then errored out.

Launcher version used: 72061 - Errors out gets renamed to _old;

Launcher version tested: 72211 - Errors out same as above;

So that's when I got the idea to rename them new as old and old as new then I ran it and it worked. Closed the launcher did the reverse with the versioning and seems to be working. How or why I don't know it works though my game client version reads as 71937.
  7. jorgenpt

Game client version and launcher version are independent. They are numbers in the same sequence, but launcher number is not expected to be the same as game version.

If anyone still sees this problem and has launcher 72211, I'd really appreciate a copy of UberLauncher.log after a failure. You can find it in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\UberLauncher\UberLauncher.log.
  8. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

Here you go one log file as requested!

Attached Files:

9. jorgenpt

There doesn't seem to have been any patching done in that log file -- did you copy it before you patched or did you restart the launcher? It overwrites the log each time you start it.
  10. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

My uber launcher has never given me any problems and I have it on an SSD.
  11. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

Probably restarted if that is the case I guess the file is over written my bad :eek:
  12. Shadowcaster

Shadowcaster New Member

I already fixed my own problem I was just trying to see if anyone else is still having similar issues!
  13. bastianforge

bastianforge New Member

I'll add my log as well, there's a bit off content with plenty of errors at two occasions. Hope it helps :)

-Bastian Forge

Attached Files:

14. phattmattslimm

phattmattslimm New Member

Hi,
    Also suffering from the same ailment trying to update to v73441 using Launcher v72211. Log file attached

Attached Files:

15. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Does it keep failing at the same files? What happens when you verify again?
  16. phattmattslimm

phattmattslimm New Member

Well, this is weird, but in a good way, tried it all again and it verified files and updated successfully...
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ah, the good old did-you-try-turning-it-on-and-off-again method. Oh well, good for you. :)