1. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

I can confirm TA, AOE and C&C2 did.
    realwar and bradaz85 like this.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Not all players are created equal(and that's okay), a game you can finish in 20 minutes might take another player 30, or 40. Some people might just want to play in a certain way and maybe that just so happens to be less efficient or take longer. At the end of the day on an individual level there isn't a wrong way to play as long as you're having fun. The catch is that for some people the logistics of available time just doesn't work out without the ability to save and load games among many other legitimate potential explanations.

Well given that we have the, you know, actual @sorian it shouldn't be that hard! xD

Mike
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

4. heyhellowhatsnew

heyhellowhatsnew New Member

This thread is an echo chamber where nothing of value will be taught to the developers. All you are doing is jerking off each other and honestly, it doesn't help the game, the community, or the developers.

They critiqued the game. They said bad things you didn't like about it and hurt your feelings. Instead of apologizing for the game (which, I mean, you should at least get PAID to do trying to polish a turd and do marketing babble speak) and being zombie developer followers in hopes they notice you, maybe you should read the constant critiques that the game keeps getting negative marks on and make it better?

Jeez, like I said, if you're going to be an apologist for a game company that only thinks of you as a dollar sign, at least get paid for it.
    obamadagodman, bradaz85 and ohhhshiny like this.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Dude its not about the mean or nasty things said, that all good in the hood.

It more the literal facts they got wrong that most people don't agree with.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  6. duncane

duncane Active Member

As is often the case I think we are agreeing and disagreeing at the same time. Heres what I am thinking...

If etherium has had twice as much spent on it (i.e. twice as many staff) and has been doing it twice as long then its of course highly likely they have produced a more polished game. They may have been able to do that because a publisher supplied the big wad of money up front. I think a kickstarter game has a much lesser pool of money and needs to produce a game in a much quicker time due to the niche factor.

Heres where we probably agree... PA may be THE example of a kickstarter game that declared "RELEASE" too soon. But the other big KS game I have been following is Elite Dangerous and I can see it moving the same way. Its all going great guns in alpha and beta, but bring it all together takes the time and I can see the amount they still have to do is way more that they seem to be saying. The old 80/20 rule.
  7. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

You mean we should criticise things like not having saves and offline at launch, or the lack of proper tutorial, that sort of things? OH wait, we've been discussing this for months prior to launch.
    This isn't just a forum full of yes men, there have been heated discussions over lots of the topics newcomers like to come in and wrongfully point out we haven't discussed. It's probably why we get so annoyed when someone says something like this.
    And nothing we say will actually force the devs to do anything, they are their own entity. We just do what we can with it, because we like the game, and think it has the potential to be amazing.
    But sure, feel free to come in and spout off aggressive diatribes if it makes you feel better.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

Yo, man. Respect!
    bradaz85 likes this.
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Nothing has been said about the budget been the problem. All be it a year ago; last we heard was neutrino saying they had enough funds to complete the game and the game being released when it's done.

All we have heard is they are happy with the release and they will continue to work on other features into the future. Doesn't sound too done to me. But yeah I reckon it is most likely budget/ pressure from distributions etc.
    squishypon3 and igncom1 like this.
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

11. duncane

duncane Active Member

I guess that was what I was getting at. A review of a Kickstarter game is not the same as they may declare a RELEASE before they would like too.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'm thinking the minimap discussion should probably have its own thread, rather than being conducted in the thread about the IGN review.
    Raevn likes this.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

cwarner7264 likes this.
  14. soundman

soundman New Member

wait for the pc gamer review. Ign has always been garbage.
  15. daTomas

daTomas Member

I was in Etherium beta too, play the only one mission at beginning and promptly uninstall it. Complete waste of time.

I had high hopes for that game, it seems to be a SupCom clone at the previwes, but it is not.

Different niche and all that...
    duncane likes this.
  16. Clopse

I have played 40 hours this week and really like it. I tend to make decisions not after one mission but that's just me.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  17. donut64

donut64 Member

I knew this game would get torn apart at the polls.
  18. cptusmc

cptusmc Active Member

I agree, so many in here are too emotionally vested in this game and it is making them blind to valid criticisms. Instead of listening, they attack the messenger not the message or they harp on 1 word/argument, invalid it, and disregard the rest of the paragraph. If the developers, like some of the more voicetress members of this form, do not internalize this criticism the game will die with an extremely small (~100) hardcore group; everyone else will move on.

Hopefully, this is a time to look inwardly; not to let pride/ego get in the way. Lets start focusing on the topics that have been constantly popping up throughout the development process; topics that have been consistently and strongly emphasized by many who have come and gone, such as: saved games, offline play, a tutorial, mini-maps, duel screen support, and more gameplay options (asteroids, unit-cannon, multi-unit transport, navel, galactic-war).

I am hopeful ... but might be naïve ;)
    obamadagodman and RMJ like this.
  19. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

Is there somewhere to sign up and hopefully get a beta key for it?
  20. Clopse

It just ended yesterday so not so sure their plan as of now.