Assault Endorsement Builds

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by zarakon, January 24, 2011.

1. Mail

Mail New Member

The rate of fire endorsement at gold does quite a bit for the grenade launcher, but if you don't use that often that's irrelevant. The health regen endorsement increases both.
  2. Waddle Waddle

Waddle Waddle New Member

I run "Demoman" build.

Gold Skill Recovery, Silver RoF (or armor, preference), bronze speed.

It's quite funny to literally SPAM bombs and charges at people.
  3. Esham

Esham New Member

Can someone explain to me why people say no to ROF gold all the time?

I hear people saying this in regards to lag and it actually not being that effective. I run Gold RoF most of the time for nades mainly but i am curious where this rumour comes from.

It seems to effect gunner as well apparantly?

Thanks
  4. Nerfed

Nerfed New Member

Only on assault.

According to tests ran by others, the difference between gold and silver is so tiny that it's just not worth going for gold rate of fire. As far as I know, the difference is that gold will fire a clip of 25 bullets 0.1 or 0.2 seconds (not entirely sure) faster than silver.

Edit: the difference between gold/silver rof on the nade launcher is 1 full second per 10 grenades.
  5. Esham

Esham New Member

Thanks for that. I use it mainly for nades anyways so its still worth gold for me.
  6. Vampwood

Vampwood New Member

I personally run Gold Skill, Silver armor, and bronze RoF.

I don't need to tell you how potent I am with this setup as I'm certain a few folks in this thread can vouch for it ;)
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Vampwood, are there any particular servers you frequent? I know I played a couple games with you and your assassin pal one morning, but only on the same team (double automatic win)
  8. Vampwood

Vampwood New Member

9. velo

velo New Member

I decided to try Gold Skill after seeing your video. I'm really liking Gold Skill, Silver RoF, Bronze Acc.. started using it *a lot* recently. I also upgrade to Charge 3 with this build just to get around. It's ridiculous how quickly it comes back up.

Edit: revised to Gold Skill, Silver RoF, Bronze Clip at the suggestion of KillZ. Definitely feels like a better use of that slot, not really missing Accuracy (lol puns.)
  10. azure

azure Member

Glad to see so much Gold Skill love!

@Nerfed - I can confirm that Health Regen affects both cooldown and speed of regeneration. If you like to experiment, try Gold Health Regen some time. I actually ran Health Regen / ROF / Accuracy for a while during the beta and it was craaazy.
  11. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

The grenade launcher isn't as half as good without it.
  12. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Wasn't the whole "gold rof is useless for AR"-thing only true for the Xbox due to framerate issues? From my own experiences, the AR certainly feels quite a bit stronger with gold rof than with silver.
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

just started playing around with: gold skills, silver RoF, bronze armor

this s*** is bananas
  14. tinygod

tinygod New Member

This, it comes down to rather you consider your self a PRO pusher or a game winner IMO

I use Gold ROF because I like knowing i can clear bot lanes and destroy turrets, with nade launcher.. Silver is still decent, but IMO ARMOR is a must have in either the gold or silver slot and the benefit of:

Gold ROF / Silver armor better than Gold Armor / Silver ROF.

I can see why Gold SKILL is so huge, but honestly I dont spam charge just to spam it, same with bomb, I'd rather run my tried and true ROF / ARMOR / SKILL RECHARGE, and use nades and charge when i really need them.

Besides Gold ROF Nade launcher makes you scray as hell to tanks, which is the one class you dont deal with well as an assault, every other class I can skill, if my skill > their skill.

Except snipers, but i'm working on a way to deal with them..

right now I:

approach from below, bomb jump up and hover charge 2 into assault rifle fire. I do this because jump pads = freeze trap, and tryign to come across the map on even ground, even if you use cover means they see you coming, thanks to the walls all being see through (the biggest sniper advantage in the game)
  15. Aquafox

Aquafox New Member

I saw some good builds and i am wondering why people makes different builds to the skill level of his enemy???
  16. thebabelfish

thebabelfish Member

I almost never use the launcher against pros anymore, since it seems 2/3 of my shots connect but do no damage, even on servers with a <40 ping.
  17. Sohldad

Sohldad New Member

As a bot pushing Assault; my build is RoF/Armor/Skill. I use this when I'm warming up or not playing very good. If I'm in the zone a bit more; I switch Armor out with Accuracy.
  18. Nerfed

Nerfed New Member

gold/silver/bronze
    rof/armor/reload
    skill recharge/rof/armor
  19. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Man, I do that when i'm litterally stomping on a team, but not having silver armor makes you SOOOOO squishy, it hurts my ability to bomb jump a lot, but more importantly it makes surviving an assassin jumping you or a tank jumping you so difficult.

But yeah I can see if you were really IN THE ZONE how that would be a powerful combo..

I sometimes run, Accuracy, Rof, Reload

but when i do that, I litterally avoid direct combat and only fight WITH my team... but it makes AR a beast, you can drop gunners in like 2 seconds.
  20. Future Tense

Future Tense New Member

I play gold armor, silver health regen, and bronze skill regen. It's like playing a mini-tank. It's a little slow, but it affords me health to chase down enemies. It suits my play style and I generally do really well with it.