[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I already have a code change in my local version that should fix this kind of issue once and for all.
    ... I hope
    Won't release it directly before going to sleep though, as it is a somewhat critical update.
  2. cola_colin

Released 18.2.0 of the client mod, see changes on the updates page: http://pastats.com/updates

EDIT:
    I also updated the icons, to get rid of the old ones you probably will need to clear the cache of your browsers
    Last edited: September 12, 2014
  3. akevader

akevader New Member

I just played a game on a system that was a planet consisting of nothing but water and metal. I'm not a fan naval warfare in general and a planet consisting of only water is just a bit over the top regardless of game title, especially for ranked matches.

Is there a list of systems used for matchmaking somewhere? I think waterworld ought to be removed. :S

Other than that i like the fact the youtube clip is now optional and the mod overall. It's a shame not more players use PA Stats and matchmaking though. If only it was integrated in the game from the start... *sigh*
  4. cola_colin

You'll love the image I have in my head about showing the current maps for matchmaking ingame and allowing you to veto one of them ;)
  5. akevader

akevader New Member

Hehe, sounds interesting. I know many players in this forum don't hold a matchmaking system in high regard but i really think a good matchmaking system is vital in order to keep the game *current* with the modern player crowd. As for myself the first real ladder experience i've had is the SC2 ladder which i feel is kinda flawless; find match, play, get ranked and check your position within an incredibly short timespan. What you (and possibly Uber later on) is doing is incredibly important. People who say that the game's success depends on offline mode and similar things are probably living in the past. I could not care less for players playing offline (or perhaps they're modding? is that what it's all about?) when I'm looking for ONLINE opponents myself.
  6. cola_colin

Now the image isn't only in my head
    [​IMG]
  7. akevader

akevader New Member

That looks very nice. :)

Any chance you might replace the Youtube clip that indicates that one has a game going to some kind of standard sound clip? Robotic voice perhaps? :)
  8. cola_colin

It will stay a youtube clip because it is technically super simple to add this way. Though I am open for other videos.
  9. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Maybe this is an OS X thing since nonone else has mentioned it, but PA seems to be paying attention to the username parameter again, so I have to retype my username when launching replays.
  10. cola_colin

11. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

Hey,
    Nice work on the mod @cola_colin , noticed a typo. In two locations in the load screen it says ‘build’ rather than ‘built’ – i.e. “Waiting for planets to be build” or maybe remove the 'be.' Can’t remember the other sentence. Obviously this is minor but once its been noticed I thought I may as well mention it.
    cola_colin likes this.
  12. cola_colin

That wasn't a typo, more me failing at english grammar :p
  13. cola_colin

14. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

cola_colin likes this.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Dear God, you're a monster. I updated the news, give me a chance here!
    totalannihilation and reptarking like this.
  16. Quitch

Any chance of making the veto area more obvious, like, say a button or something?
  17. cola_colin

I guess it could be made bigger somehow, but I thought a checkbox is pretty obvious?
  18. Quitch

Oh sorry, no, not the checkbox, but rather the means to get to the veto screen in the first place.
  19. cola_colin

Well I had hoped the big MAPS that turns blue on mouse over is visible. Though yeah, maybe I could make it have some button like appearence.
  20. cola_colin

I did a little server update to fight an issue that seems to rarely make gamesetup fail. If you have any issue please report them to me, I want to get this to really work as reliable as possible.