Radar op?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by daddydbrain, September 13, 2014.

1. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Deepspace radar is pretty strong, but remember you can only have a stationary one on the floor. This means that if your spacehobo without landbase, chilling on gasgiants or something, your essentially blind. I think there should be an orbital deepspace radar alternative aswell to balance out this problem, all spacehobo's would enjoy those. Also because gasgiants are already difficult to defend (there is absolutely no way to defend a gasgiant properly i think).
    elodea and igncom1 like this.
  2. Regabond

Regabond Member

I try to use radar and scouts at all points during my games. Radar is a better early warning system that normally won't reach opponent's bases, but will give me a heads up if a large land force in moving in towards me. On smaller maps radar may extend into bases or cover the whole planet. Again I don't see an issue with this as you still need scouts to visually confirm what those dots are. Sure it eliminates some sneak attacks, but information overload is still a thing and is a very powerful tactic against most opponents.

I use scouts for deep base scouting right before an attack, or if I just need to refresh my knowledge of what's going on inside their base.
  3. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

I think the radar power requirement should probably be higher so it would become more of a strategic decision rather than a no-brainer as it is right now. I have no issues with their range
    elodea likes this.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Space hobo's might also want a better space box to chill in as well.

Their current one is flimsy beyond all accounts.
  5. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I agree on that, but if you have no deepspace and have to work with orbital radar only, you don't even know if the enemy is sending something to you or not so it might be over at any second.
  6. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I don't think so. Anchors are great at defending gasgiants. Jigs might be easily destroyed, but they pay for masses of Anchors and spare Avengers as meatshields.