Unit Pathing is broken and "fixed" AI issue still there

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eRe4s3r, September 13, 2014.

1. eRe4s3r

eRe4s3r New Member

I actually like that icon scale... ;) The native icons are horribly small and bland. Granted in the PIP the icons are a bit too big... but can the game even handle various icon sizes for various scales and displays? Because on the planet view I definitely want larger icons. Makes it much easier to see enemies. At least until someone figures out how to give us a proper minimap. :)

Anyhow I wouldn't use that Icon mod if I didn't like it ;) And I do in fact love it. It was the first mod I installed for PA, because I honestly can not stand these bland default icons. I can't even tell units apart with those ;p
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Mods easily fix the path in issues with TA, so yeah.

(I'll write a full response when I'm less busy.)
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

And it is a even cheaper attack to say "it is easy".
    And it is also a very cheap distraction from the weakpoints of the op to say "it is a cheap defense to say it is hard".

If it is that easy, I dare you to give us the formulas and a working algoryth right now. Otherwise, please don't talk about stuff you have no idea about.
    I might not know much about 3D pathing yet (but nothing I could not learn with a decent teacher), but I do know programming. And especially I do know a non-prorammer talking about stuff he has no idea about when I see one.

You had 3 chances to post the lobby id. So I am going to call you out on it: I think this problem is made up.

You either:
    - Don't have a lobby ID because this is photoshopped
    - used footage from a old build*
    - staged the whoel thing via micromanagement and another player playing "bugged out commander".*

*both of wich the lobby ID would reveal isntantly.
  4. squishypon3

Well he did say he had a mod on, RCBM, so y'know, no need to go overboard :S
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

A mod wich is server side and thus had no effect on the replays validity.
    When somebody is as resistant to providing asked information as the OP I am smelling a made up problem that is jsut a cover for a rant.
    It is simple enough to proove me wrong :)
  6. damnhippie

damnhippie Active Member

But I never said it was easy anywhere in my post.
  7. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Path-finding is pretty hideous at the moment. It's the worse feature of the game for me so far. Quite annoying indeed.
  8. eRe4s3r

eRe4s3r New Member

How about reading what I write instead of attacking me?

imgur.com/6SrDpcL

I can/could not post links!

The friggin Lobby ID is cut-off, and I can LITERALLY not tell you what the last number is because i do not know. If you want to call me a troll then you are free to do that but your allegation is absurd. Complain to this stupid forum if you want, I already posted the lobby ID in a screencap yesterday. Or do you expect me to type a number out I can't see?

If you are willingly to guess the right ID number (1 digit is cut-off) then by golly be my guest. And tell me the ID too please. :)
    squishypon3 and bradaz85 like this.
  9. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

It took us two pages to get you to give us and the devs at least this much data. You could have us all saved a lot of wirting there but just giving us the numbers you do have (instead of excuses why you won't/can't).

Even just the first digits help a ton:
    I tried every of the 11 configiruations (0-9 and this being the full number).
    1628153853800539509, 16281538538005395090- 16281538538005395099

No game found under those numbers, so there might be another digit missing. But the devs have full overview over the game replays so they are a lot more likely to find it even with a partial number, the duration and username/gamename. I am going to repost it on the bug trackingforum and they can finally get to work on it.
  10. squishypon3

I'm really sorry for his edgyness, @zgrssd this is why people may call fanboy. No need to assume he's an evil wizard of "this game will die" o_O

Just be helpful, that's all people want when they have issues with the game.
  11. eRe4s3r

eRe4s3r New Member

I literally gave you the numbers as imgur "link", well the ones I *could* see, the moment you asked for and I knew where they were... ;) I even replied them to you specifically..

I don't understand the hostility to be honest ;(
    squishypon3 likes this.
  12. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

You have to consider that people are much better than computers at some tasks, and vice versa. Your brain is running a 3D graphics processor more powerful than any computer we can imagine, but because it spends so much resources on rendering the world around you, it doesn't have a lot left to do sums. So you've got no chance at beating even a pocket calculator at basic maths.

What seems obvious to us is based on a large amount of behind-the-scenes brain processing, that a computer has to be told step-by-step how to do.
  13. squishypon3

Yep, though we've already invented ai that can learn rather than be programmed. Amazing really, you should have seen it's first moments learning to walk. ;)
  14. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

You opening post reads like:
    I am a backer, so I am important no mater how few I have posted.
    They should not have released/How could they not have finished pathing or AI by no? If I were in their shoes I would have alrady done it.
    How terrible of them to prevent first poster from posting random links (when it is fully sensible from every point of view).

Can you understand it now?
  15. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Hahaha. That's quite the ability to read between the lines, I like it!

Not how I read it at all though...
  16. Nothinglessness

Nothinglessness Member

Im more concerned about this post is how you've spent 52 minutes on a 4p FFA and have only managed to kill off 2 guys
  17. eRe4s3r

eRe4s3r New Member

:)

This was my first "working" skirmish game and it's not 4p FFA, it's 2 (me +AI) v 2 AI. Before that I was playing GW with restricted tech, so 3/4 of the stuff in the build menu was new to me. :) Since I never found a single advanced (ground or naval) fab in the GW campaigns I played post release. And I kinda hoped for some epic (500+ units) fights against the AI. It's very nice of you to worry about me wasting time in games though. Because of course you are right, I wasted plenty time to test stuff in this round ;)

Excuse me that I am proud to have backed this by the way ;)