Release Build: 71937

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 11, 2014.

1. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

PA is really vulnerable to out of date graphcis drivers. And it could be the most recent one is not avalible for your version of the MAC OS.
    As I understand you lack the most recent version of Mac OS, so chances are you lack access to the proper driver.
    But I am only operating from hearsay myself (purely windows system).

Own bugs:
    First bugs:
    Lobby ID: 12333688577194205222

I wanted to observe absurd AI gameplay, nuke and haley/catalyst behavior (I asumed some bug/exception in the AI routines but it turned out unfounded).
    So I made a game - on the PTE - with tbe battlefield system and 10 absurd AI FFA. With me only as spectator. And let the AI's duke nuke it out. Got a bit slow in the middle, but then units got killed left and right.
    Unfortunately my client crashed just before the end (only 3 left and some nukes in flight). And everytime I tried to load the replay file since then the connection to the server got lost after 1-2 minutes of the server trying to load the file.
    I watched the game on a slight delay (one minute) to compensate for server lag and spectators low network priority. So I asume something went wrong with the chronocam (this is one reason we don't have the savegame function yet - chronocam is not yet 99% reliable).

Second bug:
    This is related to deep space units when thier commander dies. Normally all units die instantly when the commander dies. However that does not apply to units in deep space. They continue thier orbit and die once they hit the target planets orbital layer.
    When they do so they do not explode and instead a "wreck" keeps flying into the rough flying direction they had before hitting the orbital layer (I had often seen astreus wrecks do this before, but never could figure out what it is I saw until this happen in game the gqame).

Depending on how those wrecks are removed this could cause a minor memory and CPU leak from the astreus corpses that are continuing to fly off into deep space. Or even a crash if they hit the "border" of the system.
    I am not sure it applies to units other then the Astreus.
    Last edited: September 15, 2014
  2. krebor

krebor New Member

I was concerned about that. Apple does a decent job patching security flaws, but I haven't seen any driver updates for the graphics yet. I was already planning to try installing Mavericks again, but when I have adequate time to make the attempt and restore my system if it fails (again). I'll post again with any notes about if that changed anything.
  3. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Another bug (not sure if known/reported; might even be intentional):
    Trying to give a unit a queue of order that end with "go into teleporter" will have the "go into teleporter" command ingore the queue modifier key:
    Giving a "move too teleporter" order will always clear the current order and whole queue of the unit, letting it go in there instantly. This means some more micro-managent for "finish your queue, then go over to the other planet" operations.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  4. Auraenn

Auraenn Active Member

I have a bug where I'm unable to change my display name in the menu. It resets everytime I launch the game or leave the menu in general. Not sure if you guys are already working on it or not but regardless, there it is.
  5. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

You can fix this by editing the file here \Planetary Annihilation\media\ui\main\game\start\start.js
    Line 144 Change to -> var bestName = self.displayName() || self.uberName();
    Auraenn likes this.
  6. Auraenn

Auraenn Active Member

Thanks a lot. That was really bugging me.
  7. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

We need a planet smash Animation fix :)
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. n00n

n00n Active Member

This one's been about since the Use command was introduced: PA#3417.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  9. draiwn

draiwn New Member

Totally agree, I wanted to show a planet annihilation to a friend, and it ended to a big fail. No animation, planets just disapear and moreover disconnect me from server (and game hasn't been saved in my replays).
  10. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

this is also ridiculous... released game and the features that give the game the name, dont work properly at all xD
    whisperr likes this.
  11. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

This, I had this yesterday after a very tough game. Just poof and gone are the two planets. So if both planets get annihilated we need to get an awesome effect. Maybe temporarily use annihilasor planet explosion until a new awesome effect is finished. :)
  12. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Why not complain in the other threads, this thread is about finding bugs and posting them, not about attacking Uber.
    draiwn likes this.
  13. n00n

n00n Active Member

I've noticed (on Linux) that if you have "__GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1" set, when you exit the game the PA process doesn't die. This didn't happen in the past with older releases.
  14. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

eRe4s3r reported some issues with unit pathing and Ai beign stuck over here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/unit-pathing-is-broken-and-fixed-ai-issue-still-there.64185/

It took us forever to even get a partial lobby ID out of him, so here is what he got:
    http://i.imgur.com/6SrDpcL.jpg

Since there is exactly one current build replay, I guess that is the one he is talking about.
    ID (partial): 1628153853800539509?
    Duration: 53:10
    Mods used: Realm Community Balance Mod

I am not quite certain how reliable that claim is, however. A lot of information he provided does not add up and he was very reluctant to even give us that much data.
  15. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I believe this only happens if the planets are about the same size.
  16. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

That is correct.
  17. felipec

felipec Active Member

Found a bug. In a moon in its way to hit a metal planet, I ordered the orbital units from the moon to a gas giant so I could save then from the imminent impact. After the order, the game freezes.
    Id - 10068310299730209210
  18. n00n

n00n Active Member

Loaded up your replay and it just stops at 15:29 with both commanders still alive (and no one having gone to the moon).
    [​IMG]
  19. zebak

zebak New Member

also:

Happened to me once, using a moon to annihilate another moon... instead of a smash, both disapeared at the moment of impact (like shown on the video) and all buildings on the target moon, while "destroyed", showed still there (like shown on the image.. funny indeed).. the buildings remained there and I saw the main planet pass (the buildings ghosts went through, exited the other side and kept on floating)..
  20. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yep. The last order was to send the orbital units from the moon to the gas giant