I need internet friends.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by peachypony, September 10, 2014.

1. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I purchased a XBOX One and have returned to XBL. PeachyPony is still my gamertag. I would like to rekindle some long lost romances from MNC. I own Madden 15 and Trials Fusion. Games I have preordered are the following: Forza Horizon 2, CoD: AW, Halo: MCC, and GTA5. If being my friend is something that would interest you, please add me.

<3
  2. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

nobody likes me
  3. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Not many mnc players that visit the forums have xbox one.
  4. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Do you want to be my friend?
  5. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

About that...
  6. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Rejected
  7. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I axed you to leave and I'm not gon' say it again.
  8. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Why you have to be so rude?
  9. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

10. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I'd probably even accept a friend request from Feedle or Teapot at this point. I'm so desperate.
  11. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

was expecting this
  12. teapot

teapot Post Master General

No thanks, not looking for any dead weight in Halo MCC.
  13. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I knew you would find yourself to that post :).

I usually only played Big Team Battle and Action Sack in Halo 3. I'm sure your MNC competitiveness carries on just as much as in Halo and you were probably a 50 in every playlist. I'm a lot better at twitch shooters but Halo was always fun. They're bringing back every map including DLC, right?
  14. teapot

Stating the facts are a rather obvious thing.

Halo 2 and 1 have a sorta twitch shooter element to them for a console. The rest felt really sluggish. My competitiveness does carry through though because my biggest concerns are Halo CE and Halo 2, not Halo 3 or 4 or Halo 2 Anniversary. They haven't shown off any multiplayer for that yet. As far as I know yeah its every map on console for every Halo plus some of the Halo 1 maps on PC.
  15. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I loved all the visual and sounds effect changes i've seen so far. I kind of like this trend developers have been doing, remastering old games. Can't wait for November, so many games I want. Even CoD doesn't look half bad after not playing it for a couple years.
  16. teapot

Minor (major depending on who) factors in the game worry me, like grenade and weapon physics, field of vision especially for split screen, and also the bump in FPS from 30 to 60 will change various things slightly. Not sure your knowledge of Halo, but if you look up H1 nade points, there are videos of each map and how to get the weapons naded to you from just about every spawn. With the bump up in resolution and FPS, the spots in which you aim your reticule for a nade trick will change slightly, and be more unforgiving. That's a good thing except for the ones that already require such precise aiming, those might go away.

Not sure how much Halo 2 you've played, but there are button glitches that increase the time you can kill players. BXB is a double melee, BXR is a melee followed up with a shot for an instakill, and RRX is a double shot (RRXYYRRX - Quad Shot) I'm not sure how the BXR and BXB will feel, but the input time for button combos are going to be reduced making them harder. My biggest concern is modded controllers since you can quadshot someone in .6 seconds.

I doubt you care about those things, but if you did know of them and weren't sure why it felt weird, that's apparently the reason. Major things, like maps, visuals, and weapons look amazing. H2A looks exactly like Halo 4 since it's on a modified engine, except it looks brighter and more colorful. It's honestly what Halo 4 should have been, but there's very little room for development. Think MNC at launch versus MNC after a few years. Games take a long time to develop, and Halo CE is still developing to this day. Halo 2 has some more breathing room but the rest have been figured out completely now.
  17. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I had no idea people strategize nade points in Halo, lol. I remember BXR from H2, I remember trying a little but I could never do it effectively. Just in my experience in general playing against modded controllers, the people that use them are generally average players that just try to play aggressive and spray and pray. I'm sure in the right hands it could properly be abused but for the most part I don't think you need to worry too much about players that need a crutch like that.

From what I can see, you can't actually just play nothing but one version of Halo. Instead you get thrown into a playlist and people vote on certain versions and gamemodes.
  18. teapot

The playlist issue is something a lot of people are trying to get them to change but we haven't heard anything yet. They're a lot better with feedback than bungie but man do they still suck. As of right now I don't think they have a 2v2 playlist which is arguably the biggest slap in the face since Halo CE was literally designed around 2v2s. The Spawn System in that game is so incredibly deep at the 2v2 level, but comes completely invalid at 3v3s and 4v4s.

I'd say I'm a little more worried about the modded controllers than you may be. I've seen them in other games, mainly CoD and they're sorta effective. However, it's like you said.. those people are average players anyway. The game has a quick kill time though so I can normally take them out before they get to use anything. With Halo 2 (really the only game a modded controller can help with in the MCC) the quadshot is such a game changer. If I get a perfect 4 shot on someone, I need to make sure the first bullet of my third trigger pull lands on them before turn and press their modded button that binds RRXYYRRX to it. A (not)fun fact is that 9 year old "LiL Poison" was banned from an MLG event for having a modded controller a little under 10 years ago.

It's really just Halo 1 that required nade points. Halo 2 had some, but they were less about power up control and more used to break a set up. Like Lockout for instance, if the other team has BR tower set up you're pretty screwed. The easiest way to break that set up is to kill the guy in Library window and push bottom mid. It's very difficult to shoot Library window, but if you head down to elbow you can throw unlimited nades into the window and clear it for your team.

In Halo CE, I can spawn anywhere in Hang Em High and obtain Rockets and Sniper in about 15 seconds without moving. It's like reverse quake. Instead of starting with a shitty weapon, and circle jumping around the map obtaining all the great weapons, you start with the ultimate hold out weapon, and slowly obtain the great weapons.

I don't think you're interested in 2v2 Halo CE or 4v4 Halo 2 under MLG rules, but if you are looking to give competitive Halo a shot here are some amazing videos.

I don't expect you to watch all or any of them, but here's the most comprehensible videos to improve for H2 and HCE. Halo 2 is a lot more forgiving for not knowing all the tricks. I'd watch like 30 seconds of this video that showcases what I mean by Nade points in Halo CE.

Halo CE Nade points -

Halo 2

Last edited: September 15, 2014
  19. teapot

Halo CE -
    Hang Em High Randoms -

Hang Em High 2v2 Commentary -

Prisoner Walk Through + Randoms -

Prisoner 2v2 Commentary -
  20. teapot