No Sound (Arch Linux x64)

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by LordNature, July 30, 2016.

1. LordNature

LordNature New Member

So I'm back again and I'm running Arch Linux x64 (Reinstalled with the "true" arch distro). This has been a persisting issue since I fixed my crashes. I currently have no sound in the game due to the FMOD wrapper not initalizing the audio for whatever reasons. Like the previous thread I had to fix the game from crashing or looking black/white in game by installing a libudev.so.0 (symlink) and using launch option --software-ui. Now whenever I boot into the game I have no audio. I use both pulseaudio and alsa and have the appropriate libraries for both 64bit and 32bit.

Log: pastebin.com/YKs7tekT
  2. LordNature

LordNature New Member

If any further information is needed such as installed packages, let me know.

PS: I've tried a variety of solutions.
    Last edited: July 30, 2016
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

4. LordNature

LordNature New Member

I found the solution all my problems related to Planetary Annihilation by using the native runtimes, and this may help others as well.
    For arch-users, download the AUR package called steam-libs and proceed to start steam through console (or set up a graphical environment export) with STEAM_RUNTIME=0

``For starting without terminal
    e.g.: rofi, desktop icon
    You must create an ~/.xprofile and ~/.xinitrc script. Tutorials on making these can be found on the arch wiki.

Inside ~/.xprofile put export STEAM_RUNTIME=0

PS: Death thank you for the solution. This most likely would have fixed my problem as well.
    Last edited: August 3, 2016
    DeathByDenim likes this.