Lord of the Flies?, more like PA forums

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Helljumper256, January 31, 2018.

1. Helljumper256

Helljumper256 New Member

I dont hop on forums ever. They tend to be filled with saltiest and most "richeous" people in the world. Despite this fact i hop on in the hope of discerning PAs future after not hearing a peep for months. Two minutes into hopping on the forums and already it looks exactly the same as a forum for company wars in EVE. Blame being thrown around like last weeks garbage but no one realized the toddler swallowed a chicken bone and the dog is giving birth to geese. Instead of level headed debates and solutions, (which to a third party seems quite simple), i find a preverbial pile of ****. Before i dive into this pile I want to make it clear that this pile could not have been made without the love filled food(game:planetary Annihilation). Without this love for the game the forums would be dead and the playerbase nill as everyone goes off and try to find something worthy of our time that fills of with the same thrill we get playing this game. So how did our love filled delight give way to this cancerous tumor. From several hours of surfing through sewage( at least it felt as toxic as the elephant foot in chernobyl) one can deduce that the head members of the clan cult feel as if they are being mistreated through admin abuse on the forums removal of community events from announcements and what i can only assume they assume through a game patch or change in game files by mikey denial of server access. On the Opposition are the respected heads of the PA community the moderators, who are endorsed by Uber entertainment to keep an eye on the community they built in their appearent abscence. It is claimed that the clan cult runs a for profit program with plagerized mod(s). In the end it all comes down to perception and the one thing lacking ive noticed while sifting through the forums is formality. Although On both sides of the pew there seems to be emotional post, cult seems to be more loose cannon in what they say damaging whoever they can to get their points across damaging their reputation and how they are viewed by the community. It doesnt help Cult's leader seems to be an egotistical self instated bougoise of PA claiming only the top players should decide balance and screw the rest, if the pros metas does not work nothing should. On the otherside are the moderators who understandably may appear to be emotionally charged in regarding to issues including abuse of the PA population and plagerizing of anothers modded work. Uber left them the responsibility of watching the community and keeping it safe not cuz they get paid but because they love this game and this community. One cannot help but feel enraged witnessing something you perceive as cruel and dispicable happen to your loved ones leading to unfiltered reactions in some cases. In the end the PA community would be better off if cult stopped its campaign against uber(its akin to the heart giving the body a heart attack cuz it wants more exercise, only ends up with the body in the hospital) and a formal meeting between parties and a uber entertainment rep to clarify on eula and copy rights for game mod authors with the idea in mind that everyone there loves the game as much as the next person. It doesnt mean you have to like the way they go about loving it.

Side note: Legion Expansion Insomnia version is a blatent ripoff of the Legion expansion and would have been better off from the get go with permission before work gets started a new name for mod completely seperating it from the original mod, different unit models and just utalize the skelatal structure of the mod. At the moment it would last 20 mins in a copyright court 5 for the judge to walk in 10 to hear both sides fully 4 to load up the game on a potato then a minute to realise there is not enough different to constitute uniqueness from the original.
    ljfed and Alpha2546 like this.
  2. Helljumper256

Helljumper256 New Member

While one could go deeper into this topic this one has a 11am class and its 4am. Id just like both sides to remember we all love this game no matter how one chooses to show it
    river39 likes this.
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Do you play pa at a hight level? I think your analysis is pretty solid. Should come in handy when triggering cheeky strats. PA community would be better if members from the cult would just be open for reasoning and listening. They're not so moderators and modders have a hard time.

The permission thing was told at the start. Aparrently its all very 'hard' to implement. Then again if thats hard then its no surprise that copy pasting a good bit of Legion was the way to go.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. river39

river39 Active Member

Adding a license to the work isn't hard, just need to read up on what needs to be added. Keeping track off the changes as required requires methodical documenting (i'm terrible at it) but as they released what balances changes where made it shouldn't be to hard. and uploading to github is something that shound't be to hard to learn but can be difficult to understand how it works.

If you ask me they just didn't want to put any time in to it.
  5. Helljumper256

Helljumper256 New Member

No i dont unfortunately i hop on every now and again and enjoy the game in the current state when i have an RTS itch that only PA seems to satisfy. That said im not terrible at the game which i think provides an insight into the game the pros and newbs dont usually see. While some game fixes may be better for the pro community it may leave the new players out in the cold turning away potential long term PA members.

In Regard to the copyright problem im not sure how hard that would be ot implement but in the end without the proper liscense one shouldnt put anything out there as it is moral degrading and may incur legal problems. If you were regarding the mod itself, i too have heard its heard to implement due to the modding tools uber has given the community but in the end it wouldnt matter if the proper acknowledgements and credits were given to the original modders.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  6. Helljumper256

Helljumper256 New Member

I agree with you as i believe i stated one should always make sure the proper credit is given otherwise it can occur legal consequences in addition to recompsense to original authors for any revenue accrued and any fines for violating the games eula.
  7. gitaxian

gitaxian Member

Where did you get the idea that Icycalm thinks the top players should decide balance? He's continually rejected suggestions from players no matter the skill level, and CULT aren't exactly top players themselves. Icycalm wants the game to be balanced around giant shared games like Clan Wars, which he considers the objective best way to play. The mod that caused all these issues was one that combined both factions into one with 4 tiers, because "in a large shared game there's no point to making the factions separate when you can just have your team pick both."

There are actual divides between new and pro players in what they want out of balance, but none of the changes he made had much to do with them. They were a mix of things people at all levels were in favor of (Buffs to the GIL-E, for example) and things nobody else asked for like the combined factions.
  8. Helljumper256

Helljumper256 New Member

In a previous thread i was surfing through before i wrote this piece, he stated this in defense of their mod while lashing out at mikeyh
  9. gitaxian

gitaxian Member

By "top players" he means Clan Wars players. He redefines terms to suit his point often. (For example, declaring that any kind of metagaming is "cheating" and thus CULT is the only clan that doesn't cheat.)
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. Helljumper256

Helljumper256 New Member

Maybe but i reserve judgement till i get to know someone. That being said its not looking too great for him