Long AI battle massive slowdown

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Fenlig, February 22, 2014.

1. Fenlig

Fenlig New Member

Hey Guys,

Im playing a 4 player match(3 AI) and 3 planets. About 2 hours in im getting massive slow down. 7gb of my 12gb in use and processor is at 16% utilization.

Im getting about 3-4 seconds of gameplay pausing but inbetween that I have smooth frame rate. Just in case ive droped all the gfx settings to the absolute lowest but no luck. I presume this is just the AI being silly and eating up the frames?

Any idea on how to medicate the problem?
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Sounds like either the network or the sim, so you can't do much about that. More optimizations are still coming!
  3. Fenlig

Fenlig New Member

Well im playing it locally so it shouldn't be network.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

There is no local play in the game. Even playing against the AI uses Uber's servers for now.

They need to keep everything centralized with online-only for now for a variety of reasons. We will be able to run our own servers locally after the game is released.
    Fenlig likes this.
  5. Fenlig

Fenlig New Member

Okay time to fire a moon very slowly at the main planet and end this so! looking forward to local servers soon. Thanks for the info.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

2 hours into the game you're getting a slowdown?

Most people get slowdowns 15, 30, and 45 minutes into the game.

Sounds like you have some great performance.

There are no local games. Not until the final launch. So you are going through the internet.