Want me to cast your match?

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by brianpurkiss, August 13, 2014.

1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I'd be happy to cast your match.

Just reply to this thread with the PA Stats link and/or the match ID or use the PA Stats Submission Form.
  2. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Match ID: 205491

Don't want to spoil anything because it's a long fight with much back and forth. It's four Cult members against four randoms on our home system, as preparation for the Clan Wars. If you could cast it for us, that'd be awesome.
  3. brianpurkiss

Would you mind using the submission form please? It's really helpful to have everything in one spot so things don't get missed.
  4. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Done. I'll use the forms on your site from now on. I just thought you'd prefer to have this thread bumped. Also sent a tenner to your PayPal under the name Insomnia. Don't take this as an obligation to cast our match if you don't have the time though. I meant to contribute something to your site anyway.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  5. brianpurkiss

Thanks! The bumps are nice, and the donations is greatly appreciated. :-D
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

@brianpurkiss

Is it possible to publicly list the matches you're sent in some sort of queue so we can see a list, and a click/mouseover shows the description? That way the community can see some matches cool even if you don't cast them.

Even a "brian's trash can" list for rejected replays if you're worried about a caster seeing a replay and then making a video on it when you intended to do the same (maybe get that a better name cuz PR).
  7. brianpurkiss

Hmmm. Interesting idea.

However, for many of the submissions I get there's a very good reason I'm not casting them.

My plans for the other matches I get is to cast them on Twitch in a more casual and interactive manner. I've been on vacation all week, which is why I haven't started on that. I'm also having some audio issues with my broadcasts... I'm gonna work on that tomorrow and hopefully I'll have more casts coming out soon.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  8. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

I like the sound of this idea a lot, hopefully I will be able to watch at the times you are doing this kind of streaming
  9. jeez

jeez Member

I would like that as well. I like looking at interesting strats that I would never have thought of myself. Watch and learn :)

Also, a submission of my own. Good spawn vs good expansion:
    http://pastats.com/chart?gameId=218809

Edit: Oops, skipped over the part where you prefer the submissions form. I'll use that from now on :)
    Last edited: September 28, 2014
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  10. brianpurkiss

I'm glad you like the sound of it.

If anything, the replays are made available.
  11. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i wish i had the match ID where i took out 2 hostile commanders in a team game on a little planet....that was epic!
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You can find it if you go to your replays.

The following is a note to everyone based on vids (particularly FFAs) that Brian's been posting.

Please note that annihilating scrubs isn't fun to watch. Submit matches that were close and are fun to watch. Annihilating scrubs who turtle or T2 rush or whatever isn't fun to watch.
  13. Geers

@brianpurkiss

No uploads to youtube for a few days now. Nothing's gone horribly wrong has it?
    totalannihilation likes this.
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

He's been on holiday! :D Just disgraceful behaviour if you ask me.... :p
    Geers likes this.
  15. Geers

Yeah I know. But he's back now.
  16. brianpurkiss

Yeah, I got back Saturday. However, I've been pretty dang busy. Since I was gone all last week, I'm working to catch up on stuff from being gone.

I've completely rearranged my bedroom and living room. I've moved my desk setup from the living room into my bedroom and now I finally have room for my third monitor. :-D But now that I can close my door, I'll have more flexibility for casting and can even get more into twitch streaming. *crosses fingers*

Also. I have something REALLY REALLY exciting and REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG to announce soon. Been working on this a lot in the past two days. Hopefully within a week or two. All I'm going to say is that it is going to involve explosions and lasers and you should be majorly hopping on the super hype train about this. It's super awesome.

So videos should start coming "soon"

Maybe.

Probably.

Should be.

I hope.
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. Geers

@brianpurkiss

Do you know how hard it is to procrastinate without hour-long videos of robots murdering each other!?

Help us :oops:. Please? With unit cannons on top?
  18. Geers

@brianpurkiss

Are you excited and reinvigorated yet? We wuv you brian. Platonically.
  19. brianpurkiss

Platonically?

Screw that. I want MORE! I'm outta here...

:p

This week has been busy and getting back into it is gonna be quite the dive with the backlog. I really have been meaning to... I just really need to finish up this web thing first. And you should get excited about it. Because it involve lazors and explosions and stuff. No, it isn't PA related, but it is awesome.

At minimum, I'll probably start casting again this weekend.
  20. Geers

Yay!

I feel obligated to tell you that the match I sent you most recently has been casted by Marshall, if that makes a difference.