Titans movement is bad.

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Mirolog, August 24, 2015.

1. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

1 Zeus is fine. but 2+ of them together will clip inside eachother.

Atlas' legs slide a lot. Actually, all units with legs slide, but ut much more obvious with large units like Atlas.

Helios, wich made out of spining parts need to turn in torder to move, despite not having front or back.

Ares can't fly over small csgs. It likely an engine limatation, but it looks bad. Also, Ares has AOE damage around itself every couple of seconds, without any visual effect. Also, it's back turret can fire though the hull. Also, this "rolling fortres" can have at least some AA weapons. (yes I know that titans need support to rek stuff but its rolling fortress, that can be killed by 1 t1 bomber, i wonder how long it will be)
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The AOE damage around the Ares is a hack to simulate a proximity weapon which kills units it "runs over".
  3. Mirolog

That's a really bad design. It usually damages stuff that's not under the titan, but near it. It looks llike stuff around just get some damage, without any reason. The most stupid is how it annihilates trees around every couple of seconds.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

All air units can clip into each other, the characteristics of some air units like the Zeus just make this more apparent than normal.

Mike
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I guess that means they should reduce the range of the effect so it clearly only works on stuff below the ares.
  6. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

Oh man, that's super useful to know. I did really well on a match where the enemy had massed submarines because the Ares just smashed them, but I had no idea what was happening at the time.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I guess it might actually need to not damage submarines though. I mean they're clearly not smashed below a unit hovers above the water.
    stuart98, radongog and tatsujb like this.
  8. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

Oh I don't mind if it smashes submarines. The thing is so slow and ungainly the enemy could just order units away from the Titan.

I just think it needs to be more obvious that it will smash things underneath it. It's not apparent from visuals.
  9. Mirolog

Well, it's a hover, so there are no actual reason for it to damage stuff underneath it. It just need to be a proper weapon with proper effects.
    stuart98, radongog and tatsujb like this.
  10. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Invisible depth charges!
  11. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

They could just add a whole bunch of inferno weapons all around it, when a unit gets close, they all fire, bathing the area in destruction.

EDIT: after all, Ares is the greek version of Mars, and Mars the planet is red, so it should have red(ish) weapons...

ok, maybe that's a stretch of logic but i just want something with flamethrowers everywhere.
  12. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yeah it shouldn't be killing stuff underwater