Brandons Commanders Thread

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by brandonpotter, October 18, 2014.

1. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Instead of showing off all my works in a thread meant for voting for 1 certain commander, Ill make this thread to show everyone just what kinda commanders I am working on!

First off, You all know my 'Omega Commander'
    [​IMG]

And now to show ya a VERY ROUGH wip of a new Commander I am working on.

No Name for it yet. Gonna make this one my 'personal' commander. Pretty much what Id ask for if I was a 1000$ KS backer. This is a heavy WIP.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: October 24, 2014
    kjotak109 likes this.
  2. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

Love the Omega commander. Mainly since it looks exactly like the my avatar. And since it looks a bit less blocky than most commanders at the moment.
  3. brandonpotter

lol, I actually based it off of a friends commander that was made for SupCom2. I bought partial rights to it, so I figured. Eh, might as well use it in PA XD
  4. brandonpotter

Just had a lil conversation with bgolus via PMs, and he has informed me that THE ORIGINAL commander textures are really 2048x2048 and have been 'clamped down' to 512x512 for Memory and size. They MIGHT release the high res textures one day, but until then, I wont work on my new commanders since I know there are more higher quality textures to work with.

I will resume work when/if the 2048x2048 textures are released for modeling use. :)

That is all.
  5. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

This is somewhat off-topic, but maybe this COULD explain why the commanders in game have low-quality textures.

Perhaps the textures could be raised to 1024x1024 as a compromise?
  6. brandonpotter

Would be good. Since I think some SupCom textures are that size as well.

Besides, if people pay 1000 bucks for these commanders, I bet quite a few are pissed off that they look so good in the armoury, but have crappy 512X512 textures ingame.
    Last edited: October 21, 2014
    kayonsmit101 and kjotak109 like this.
  7. brandonpotter

[​IMG]
    This is my new personal commander. Lots of work still to be done. But so far, its only 2.7K Poyogons! Yay!