115050-pte

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by panews, November 18, 2020.

1. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

Hello Commanders,

We have a new PTE for testing.

Balance Changes

Stryker attack vehicle
    • Speed decreased to 18 from 20 (same as Dox)
    Ant Light Tank
    • Turn rate increased to 120 from 90
    Grenadier
    • Vision decreased to 125 from 130
    Spark tesla bot
    • Range increased to 70 from 65
    Mend advanced combat fabricator
    • Cost decreased to 1,000 from 1,200
    Spinner anti-air vehicle
    • Rate of fire decreased to 2.4 from 3
    Piranha gunboat
    • Range decreased to 120 from 130
    Barracuda submarine
    • Now has radar stealth like the Kraken
    Horsefly advanced heavy strafing aircraft
    • Cost decreased to 1,800 from 2,000
    Angel advanced air support platform
    • Cost decreased to 5,000 from 5,500
    Mines changed to sight vision which now reveal units and target radar stealth

Technical Details

Client Improvements

• Updated translations
    • Updated strategic icons for water hover units
      • Naval Basic Fabrication Ship
      • Barnacle support barge
      • Piranha gunboat
    AI Improvements
    • AI landing policies now avoid planets with others AIs so they spread across planets
    Toolchain

Updated software development toolchain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolchain
    • Visual Studio 2019 16.8.x latest with 142 build tools
    • Xcode 12.2 / macOS Big Sur 11 / 10.16 latest for macOS Mavericks 10.9+ with full notarisation using hardened runtime
    • Steamworks SDK 150
    Last edited: January 9, 2021
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Stryker attack vehicle - Speed decreased to 18 from 20 (same as Dox)
    Prefer a different direction from this asymmetric balancing direction. My own ideas are a 10 range nerf so dox get the first shot and a slight damage nerf from 15x2 to 13x2 so strykers don't overkill dox and glancing shots are less impactful. Slow strykers feel less fun.

Ant Light Tank - Turn rate increased to 120 from 90
    why? though I suppose it makes it more controllable but thats never been a feature of vehicles, more a bot thing. Not a big change though

Grenadier - Vision decreased to 125 from 130
    5 lul. ok. I prefer a decrease in fire rate so shots matter more, dodging has more impact and its less spammy to constantly dodge shots

Spark tesla bot - Range increased to 70 from 65
    5 is not so lul. Actually pretty big. Sparks generally counter large groups of strykers+dox but in small engagements there is a lot of fun to be had microing outside the range of sparks to kill them, this makes it very punishing for dox which is now only a 5 range difference and margins of error way more difficult to work around/less fun, and while strykers are at 10 its hard because strykers have turn rates and arcs so its rough for strykers. Also sparks are tank busters of infernos and usually ants counter them but if sparks get on top of ants, they trade well...overall I have my concerns.

Mend advanced combat fabricator - Cost decreased to 1,000 from 1,200
    very odd, didn't really think this aspect of combat fabs was a thing. I always viewed it as players not understanding how to use combat fabs, and combat fabs easily getting picked off. Does make it less risky investing though if you misuse them

Spinner anti-air vehicle - Rate of fire decreased to 2.4 from 3
    "Dreadnought disliked this" I'm one of the few that thinks spinners are actually fine, but ya thats just my POV. I think that a 20% decrease is a bit to large and would have preferred something more gradual like 10% or 2.7 firerate first before trying 20%

Piranha gunboat - Range decreased to 120 from 130
    Prefere 110 and a dps increase as compensation, but this is..ok, idk, problem is retaking shorelines from piranha gunboats. They still outrange double laser turrets but it should be easier with drifters and grenadiers now since torpedo launchers are no longer possible.

Barracuda submarine - Now has radar stealth like the Kraken
    I dont like this, i'm a fan of total information and it will be very hard to scout out baracudas from a naval perspective, easier if you have air control...if you have air control.

Horsefly advanced heavy strafing aircraft - Cost decreased to 1,800 from 2,000
    Hoseflys need a rework IMO so their strafing is high intense micro like mutalisks from SC1, but not dumb like the old version with assisting other units. They are really good at obsoleting high cost, low health buildings like nukes/anti-nukes and no longer good at picking off high amounts of AA due to them flying over and ending up getting murdered because of low uptime. Maybe allow hover micro and add ammo bars for more high skill play.

Angel advanced air support platform - Cost decreased to 5,000 from 5,500
    I like the change, would like to see that for colonel as well. Colonels and Angels exist in a category where they are good and can do a lot of things but are to expensive to produce and you dont have time in 1v1 games or low econ team games.
    Last edited: January 7, 2022
    bthirteen and Quitch like this.