Reconnecting

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by AyanZo, September 10, 2014.

1. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

So it's my day off and after breakfast I decided to play a few games of PA before heading out.

It crashes perhaps 2 or 3 times a game now which i'd equate to alpha level (better than on gamma where the CUI crashes were upwards of 8-10 a game).....

The standard operating procedure is to restart and reconnect but It now doesn't seem to be allowing any reconnects for myself at least. Is anyone else having this issue?

The eternal Login accepted screen.
    [​IMG]
  2. n00n

n00n Active Member

Since the current (71729/AKA-1.0) release, I've not had any crashes during a match thus far. You should post your crash-dump and the CrashID for the developers to investigate (see the "[Linux] Crashes" thread).

Regarding the reconnect, there is an issue with a flood of connections after logging in: PA#4068. This may be causing your issue. You might want to try waiting a bit before clicking reconnect or try the [WIP] Optimise User Tag Map Mod.
    Last edited: September 10, 2014
  3. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

Thing is it just freezes so a crashdump doesn't even occur. I'm not sure it's tied to the number of network connections.

One thing I do notice is that everytime I login to PA it asks to reconnect to a game. Even if the last game I played was a day or two ago. Perhaps it's trying to connect to a dead game? There's an issue to connecting to the earliest game you were in that was not competed, especially with CUI, or hard crashes where 'player-left' notifications don't go out.
  4. n00n

n00n Active Member

In the past I've attempted to reconnected to games that had stopped due to a server crash before, it gave a failed to connect message and I don't believe it offer to reconnect to that game again.

But looking at the games list directly it has you in a (what appears to be bugged) game that started for a day and five hours ago.

Yep, PA#1270.
  5. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

So I'm screwed basically?
  6. n00n

n00n Active Member

There're ones as old as six days, so yeah. You should probably contact support directly to see if they can help. I would think it'd stop effecting you once you switch to a newer release though.
    Last edited: September 11, 2014
  7. n00n

n00n Active Member

Funnily enough, I've now having the very issue. :D

The server seemed to just stop sending updates and fails upon reconnect attempt. Hope the new release doesn't take to long as the reconnect dialog will get annoying.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I had such a dialog for MONTH. At some point @garat contacted me and asked me if it is okay to shoot down the server xD
    n00n likes this.