Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Tbh, there where some moments that game i tought you where going to win and i was very suprised when the tables turned again.
  2. essizlik

essizlik New Member

No more registration ?

We have team..
  3. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

4. icycalm

The more I think about it, however, the more I sympathize with Exodus' strictness. After all, if you can't manage to stick to the deadline for signing up, what are the chances you'll be on time to all your matches and not keep everyone waiting or, even worse, not show up at all?
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

My thanks to Promethean for getting their home system submitted.

The Clan Wars folder will be appearing in System Sharing later tonight.
  6. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

ohh I should take a look at our home system because I have no idea how it looks hahahah!
  7. Quitch

Where Promethean have settled in the system of Home, Team Burning have chosen Arrakis Extended as the system in which to make their stand.
  8. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

In practice, many of the best players aren't even there! As evident of me playing with you guys yesterday :p

Not to mention that the idea is to try to size up our opponents so that if it's a less experienced clan, our lesser experienced players can have a chance to jump in and expect a somewhat fair game.
  9. icycalm

I don't like this definition of fairness. What is not fair about a better team demolishing a worse one? If you field worse players in order to give us a "fairer" match, and we end up beating them, we'll rise higher in the rank of clans than where we really deserve to be, and that's what would be unfair (i.e. fake, not reflective of reality).

Having said all that, I would indeed prefer if clans fielded their less experienced players against the less experienced clans. This would give the chance for more people to play (which would make it more likely for them to re-enter the Clan Wars league in future seasons, as well as other tournaments), and also provide a better spectacle for viewers. It would certainly encourage more beginner clans to be created in the future too and enter into the league.

Still, in the long run I would prefer all clans to behave mercilessly toward each other in pursuit of the top spot. Otherwise, how could The Realm compete against PAG, when the latter doesn't even HAVE any beginner players and so will send top talent against all the other clans. Wouldn't that be unfair to The Realm, if they tried to accommodate less experienced players in their matches?
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well in any sport you usually have more players than you field in a particular game, and it's common where a team *thinks* they're in for an easy win to field their less experienced players to get them practice (as no one wants to be 'on the bench' the whole time) so it isn't necessarily much to do with 'fairness'. It's also a good idea not to lean to heavily on your 'top players' as even with games like this people get tired and may need a break!

Of course fielding a weaker team can back fire badly, which can make for some great unexpected results which is pure gold for viewers ;)
  11. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

WMDMLG

Weed, Moutain Dew, Doritos, MLG
    mot9001 and websterx01 like this.
  12. klovian

klovian Member

I don't think this would be the sole result from loose sign up deadlines.

Also take into consideration that the game has been 1.0 for a whole 4 days, and sign ups for the clan league are over.

I don't even have a clan yet myself...

Us noobs ;)
    Last edited: September 9, 2014
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well I think the idea is 'season 1' is to test out the idea with the (relatively) experienced players in the 'pre launch' clans. This will hopefully yield some good matches for people to watch and get interested in, and by the time the next season comes around there will be a load new people ready for it.

It sucks a bit that inevitably some people won't be able to play (although pretty much anyone could up until the end of sign ups as there was no restriction on age of the clan), however there have been regular smaller tournaments during development which I'm certain will continue- so there are other events people can join besides this.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  14. klovian

klovian Member

Sounds fair.

I personally haven't had the time in the last couple of weeks to make something happen on the clan aspect.

But, hopefully I'll be here for season 2.

Edit: PS: I still vote to allow essizlik's group to play, just cuz he's brand new and a great player :p
    Last edited: September 9, 2014
    icycalm likes this.
  15. Quitch

If you look in System Sharing you should now find a folder called Exodus Clan Wars. Go scout out your enemys' home systems while there's still time.
    Bsport and mishtakashi like this.
  16. Quitch

We've got ourselves a league, people. The first game is scheduled, the home systems are online, let's do this!

cdrkf, Clopse, mot9001 and 6 others like this.
  17. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Match roster manager for clan contact's and clan leaders is now live. props to @proeleert for his help in getting this feature live, we have lots of ideas and features in the pipeline for both clans and users, stay tuned!.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  18. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

optimi, icycalm, proeleert and 2 others like this.
  19. icycalm

Great trailer, but I guess we lost that new clan? :(

How did that happen? They didn't submit their system on time?
  20. Quitch

Unfortunately IRB had to withdraw due some internal organisational issues. They're hoping to be back for season 2.

I strongly recommend giving their original home system - IRB Fun Pit (war earth) - a play as a 4v4. Spawns are unbalanced as hell but it was a lot of fun.