Offline Mode In the Wild (We'll get it soon!)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, August 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Uber has said quite a few times that offline is in the works, I just don't have any links. I know it's been said on the forum and on livestreams.
    squishypon3 and drz1 like this.
  2. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

They are probably still drunk. I have a nasty feeling we won't get much from them officially until at least next week, sad face.
    spittoon likes this.
  3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Yeh but hearsay is no good if I'm trying to prove that I'm not just making **** up on steam...
  4. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

But hey, they deserve a break.
  5. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

I doubt that they just woke up and decided to release the game sans offline play, its the kind of detail that should have been vocally broadcast and explained well ahead of time. Because its not the lack of the feature at launch so much as the lack of communication about the lack of it at launch. I'm sure they are working on it, at least I was sure, until all mention of it was expunged from official record.
    nlaush and bignick277 like this.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Indeed, communication would have helped.
    rapistmonkey, nlaush and bignick277 like this.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Actually we knew offline wasn't going to be in release for at least a month now. (I think)
  8. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Right I'm spent, it's 1.30am and I've had enough of trying to absorb some of the vitriol flying around the Steam forums. I pass the baton to you, good sirs, and hope a response from Uber materialises in the next day or so.
  9. spittoon

spittoon Member

absolutely this
    rapistmonkey likes this.
  10. spittoon

spittoon Member

yep, you're right... and it's sad to have to admit it

i would make a poor teammate or mp opponent, even after 17 years of practice

i still make bad decisions in every game that i play
  11. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

I didn't. A lot of people didn't and blaming them for not trolling the boards or watching every video is less then helpful. If Uber knew a month ago then an email to each back explaining the situation would have been a far more useful strategy. Personally I don't recall a kickstarter backer email stating off line play was missing the launch. I could be wrong,if I am I'll be happy to apologise.
    rapistmonkey likes this.
  12. squishypon3

Nope but they've mentioned it in threads of the past. One of the perks of going to the official forums, you get the most information.
    spittoon likes this.
  13. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

"I'm not reading all that, summarize it in word"
    [​IMG]
    igncom1 likes this.
  14. rapistmonkey

rapistmonkey New Member

If they don't say anything about implementing the as promised offline/DRM free software within a reasonable amount of time then I will file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC has spoken out against companies baiting people with the DRM free hook and they say they're prepared to act on such companies.
    I suggest we all get familiar with the FTC site, hopefully it doesn't have to come to this but I think a few thousand complaints will if the unfortunate problem would arise, show Uber that we're serious and feel ripped off.
    I paid $80.00 because I felt like I was helping a genuine developer, I may still have. Maybe, however it's beginning to feel like my faith has been misplaced.

View the file I uploaded, it has some screenshots I took which back up all the questions, fears, and justifies the anger many of us feel over the very serious question. Have I just been ripped off?

All are welcome to take these files and save them, everyone should have them.
    If the time comes, and I hope it does not, send these to the FTC.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      147.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      321.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      757.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      125.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      490.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      310 KB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      514.1 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      117 KB
      Views:
    • Relevant Links.png
      Relevant Links.png
      File size:
      148 KB
      Views:
  15. squishypon3

Are you seriously considering the FTC? I'm sorry, but come on now. These guys are a small company, they're trying to get their, they labeled what's coming on this pages because that's what you do in early access. They literally HAVE to remove them as features on the feature list on steam and such because otherwise they'd be baiting players, if they kept those listed THEN you could say they're lying, but because they took it off means they aren't still working on it? Then why would they continue to say it's coming? Why? That just makes it easier and easier to call them liars if they don't, because then you'd have huge proof. Just wait, okay? People who are talking about this are just ruining this game, if you want offline and such, support the game. You're just making them lose revenue by misinforming people and raising hate. If they don't have money, they can't continue to develop the game.
  16. rapistmonkey

rapistmonkey New Member

This is my biggest problem as well, check out my other post on this thread.
    Ready the battlements.
  17. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Guys, don't talk like that.

Offline is coming. We'll get it sooner rather than later.

Talk like that will only get this thread locked and possibly get you banned from the forums.
    japporo, igncom1 and squishypon3 like this.
  18. squishypon3

We've known for at least a month I believe! I remember first hearing about it quite a bit back.
  19. rapistmonkey

rapistmonkey New Member

It's fine I won't complain to the FTC for a long while. But it's an official resource established by the government so that companies do not and likely cannot screw their customers. The FTC is an official channel, I will not use it for awhile as I have stated I will wait for Uber Entertainment to make its move. I would love to be wrong on all of this, and if I am nothing will happen right? This is just how serious I get when I feel like I may be getting ripped off.
    Or I could just post a bunch of swear words and real hate. You're not going to turn me into the bad guy, I'm being extremely civil and I'm laying out all of our potential options. I stated time and time again, that TIME WILL TELL.

Nah I'm not making them lose ->potential<- revenue, they're a company and if they make a misstep and lose a few ->potential<- dollars than so-be-it. That's the life of a company, you're going to rub people the wrong way here and there and it cannot usually be helped. It is not my intent to make Uber Entertainment lose money, however if it is by a mass refund that you mean "lose money" than I wonder where your loyalties really lye here?

At any rate as the point stands, even after your posts, this problem can be fixed by Uber Entertainment in time and if they don't well too bad THEN we press the big red button.
    (key word... then....(future tense).. take a deep breath now... all is calm)

Guess what, we then don't do anything. The government would then look into them.
    If your company is small and you decide to screw your customer base and you trip and fall over your own contradictory policies and promises to your customers. Then it is nobody elses fault but your own.

The problem is that promises where made and as a result money has exchanged hands between trusting customers and a company. If that company goes back on those promises then any decent person would have a problem with that. The government does to oh boy do they.

I hope to hold out and see what Uber Entertainment does, if however I have been screwed you had better believe your little pink horse I will do whatever necessary through the official channels to get my money back.
    I also expect no less from anyone else dealing with any other company.
    Uber Entertainment is no exception.
    Am I clear?

Also I don't "hate" them yet, I just don't like potentially being lied to and cheated.
    We will find out in time, now calm down.
  20. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

This post, makes me lose some faith in humanity....really its gotten to the point where it sounds your spouting bullshit for the sake of it.
    Especially with a username like that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.