I don't wanna be "that beta guy" but...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bengeocth, September 5, 2014.

1. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

You really aren't entitled to anything more...

This is kinda ridiculous honestly.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't wanna be that guy... and I'll be two at once...

Why do people sometime feel entitled to something extra to what they paid for after they paid for it?

In case you didn't notice the other guy I'm being is not reading the thread for a similar reply.
  3. mucko

mucko New Member

I thought of the game 20 years ago. I should get a special commander with a light bulb that blinks on top of his head.
  4. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

Hell yea you should! You know what? I supported Cave dog back in the 90's so I should have a Arm commander or a core one. (They should really do this though) For buying TA.
    corteks likes this.
  5. mucko

mucko New Member

LOL yep you should! I want a Krogoth that fires a wave motion gun from a comet.
  6. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

That would be pretty cool, but even if Cavedog is out of business is it possible for them to sue?

And also how would people prove they own the game...
  7. bengeocth

I want a com that is a peewee and can move across the planet as fast as one, and fire those phase cannons
  8. bengeocth

It'd be cool.

Make sure the light stays lit even after you're annihilated, and make the uber cannon shoot from the light bulb
  9. bengeocth

I never said I was. it was a suggestion.
  10. enderdude

enderdude Member

I played in alpha but didnt get the delta, theres alot of things that we dont get
  11. bengeocth

Well you should talk to them about that. I'd start a thread in the support forum.
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

No Gamma is also a thing:

[​IMG]
  13. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

I'm baffled by this time and time again. Be it high-tier KS backers or Comic Edition buyers or whatnot ... you got exactly what you paid for. It was literally spelled out for your upon your purchase (or rather, your support pledge). What is there to discuss except for your overblown sense of entitlement?
    DeadStretch likes this.
  14. feyder

feyder Member

Cave dog might be gone but the TA IP was purchased at auction by Wargaming a while ago. That's where GPG now resides.
  15. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Uhm, I'm an alpha participant and I only have the Theta. I am suposed to have the autumn and winter sale commanders, but those haven't been implemented yet.

Some alpha buyers (on the Uberstore) received alpha and progenitor commanders, due to a bug on there receipt, so they pretty much have illegal commanders, because it was fixed later. Those commanders can't be removed because it is written on their receipt.

And delta is only for cosmic and 90$ ks backers, not for alpha buyers.

So there should be a better way of separating Alpha/Beta/Gamma, not necessarily with commanders, but a way to show your badge or title in-game. (like your name displayed in specific colour, with an option to turn it off for privacy reasons)

I know how you feel my man, I hope Uber does something to fix this.
    bengeocth likes this.
  16. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

Soon people who bought the release version before the first patch are also going to demand their own commander :)
    Alpha/beta/gamma players should be happy they could play the game that early. The commander should be a neat extra.

I backed this game because I like this kind of RTS games, I didn't do it for an exclusive commander.
    I barely see them anyway I always play at a icons level :p
    bengeocth likes this.
  17. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

To be clear, I did NOT buy alpha access to play the game early. Because I couldn't. My game had black textures making it unplayable for more than two months just after I bought it. I bought alpha to support Uber, not to play the game immediately.
    bengeocth likes this.
  18. bengeocth

Finally, people who aren't sarcastic and don't have an insulting tone. I remember discovering the kickstarter, but I was not near old enough to get my dad to look into (I was 13 or 14, because I'm 16 now) and then randomly remembered it a few years later (Christmas of last year) and said, "Dad, that game is supposed to be released now" (that was the old release date, I'm sure we remember) and was slightly appalled to hear that it wasn't. But I still got it.
  19. portable

portable Active Member

ahahahaha This thread.