livestream this september 5 at 10AM Pacific

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, September 3, 2014.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

These are actually much easier to pull off following from that. They've since enabled the Annihilaser to target moving planets, which wasn't possible at the time.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

But it is a game ender.....

Everything else? totally.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I think he means to clarify their position that this *is the case*. There are rather a lot of threads at the moment with 'Nerf the metal planet' etc. I think people miss the point, once you've let your opponent take full control of the planet, and then left them alone long enough to build 5 catalysts then basically it's your fault. It's pretty easy to prevent one getting going (smash a control point, nuke the catalysts, invade, anything really). I think the metal planets essentially represent a 'King of the hill' type feature on the maps. Hold it long enough and you win (but *everyone* is going to try and stop you) :)
  4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Id like to see them talk about their plans for New and Upcoming commanders :)

We have been without new purchasable Commanders for quite some time.
    Remy561, shootall and cdrkf like this.
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Well, I'd like for there to be hooks to add in a recharge time to the Catalysts. Not just a charge-up time.

That way we can balance it in mods to play around with how a cheaper, less game-ending catalyst feels.
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. cdrkf

Modding hooks sounds like a good idea :) I just don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the main implementation...
    philoscience and mered4 like this.
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

YAY!!! FINALLY A LIVESTREAM!!! WHY HAVENT YOU DONE LIVESTREAMS FOR A LONG WHILE!??!?! WILL YOU DO LIVESTREAMS CONTINUALY AFTER THE RELEASE!?!?!?
    ~passionate PA player reporting in (lol)
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Good news, been a long time since the last one. I'd like a little Uber retrospective on how far Planetary Annihilation has come in the past couple years, and now that 1.0 is out, what do they plan on next for PA? And maybe a basic idea of where they'd like to be in the next two years? And most importantly, where are Uber people heading for vacation next week?
    drz1 and cdrkf like this.
  9. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I'm pretty sure that's going to come in the form of the PA documentary.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  10. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

I have a Question for Uber: Uber in one of their livestreams stated they wont do just round planets but other types...like what? fighting over a station? how is that going to work? oh and UNIT CANNON!
    psyk323 likes this.
  11. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Oh yeah! Forgot about that thing.
  12. psyk323

psyk323 Member

What about something that seems that looked like it would be a feature in the game but isn't (or wasn't)? Like:
    - There was never a word out if there would be an asteroid belt in the game or not, despite being shown on the kickstarter video. (I know it was a representation of what the game could be)

- The unit cannon has been added to the game (just as a building with no use it seems as you can spawn it by using mods) since the Alpha and now it just feels it's gathering dust because the devs don't seem to care about it. I wonder if it will be available at 1.0 or not.

Also what about some unit nerf? Like the the Dox that got lots of people complaining? A 1v1 game feels like a total zergrush!
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

• What are the areas you consider to be outstanding that are within the original Kickstarter vision (rather than future expansion material)?
    • What are the key areas for improvement in the AI still?
    • How long had you been working on Annihilaser before surprising us with it? :)
    • What was the reception like at PAX and what were your highlights?
    • What are the areas that you feel still need further attention in regards to balance?
    • I'd be interested in hearing from people on the stream what they feel their greatest accomplishment on this project was, the greatest challenge they overcame, etc.
    • Anything you can tell us about future plans in general.
    • A little tour of the new office!
  14. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Last edited: September 4, 2014
    stonewood1612, Remy561 and tehtrekd like this.
  15. cdrkf

Actually just thought of a *big* one...

Do Uber have plans for their next major project, and if so can they give us any hints as to what it is? (obviously there is still plenty to do with PA however I'm curious to know about longer term plans as PA won't need a full dev team to support it forever)
    teddythebear likes this.
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

That's outside of the budget, sorry. Grammar too.
    aapl2 likes this.
  17. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

When will ponies play a part in the game?

And how exactly?

That is all...

For now...
    adoghost likes this.
  18. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Wildlife for Earth planets.
    Oh don't I wish.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I seem to remember one of the devs mentioning a pony commander, I'm so disappointed in them. They have not followed through with my claim most likely taken out of context, promise!

The game is doomed, no ponies.

10/10 IGN

-Terrible game.
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

9/10

No Pinkamena Diane Pie.
    adoghost and squishypon3 like this.