Clan Wars - 4v4 clan league

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2014.

1. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

oooow pt4h joined PAG now this is interesting :)
    cptconundrum and Quitch like this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE
    optimi likes this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Unfortunately CULT have chosen to withdraw because we're unable to guarantee they won't have to play as pink. I'm not even joking.

I'll sort out a new opening game, the time should remain unchanged.
  4. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I just want people to know why we are dropping out of the tournament. I hope you all have fun, and I hope there be will other tournaments organized that will allow us to join.

Last edited by a moderator: August 30, 2014
  5. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Just wow ...
    If you don't mind me asking, are you a "casual" reader ?

I had to make that joke :D:p
  6. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I had read the rules, but not that post. And white versus red, or yellow vs blue, etc. etc. are very good contrasts. I don't know about color blind people, on the other hand. I guess you can call me a bad person for not caring, but if Uber doesn't care what happens in the MP lobby, and allows those evil colors to be used, I don't see why they shouldn't be used in a tournament that even fewer people will participate in.

Besides, I said that we'd accept the white if the organizers would help ensure that we get it. Are there any teams that would refuse to let us use this color? But the organizers don't seem interested in helping us out, and I don't want to enter a tournament and make such a lengthy time commitment when I can plainly see that they don't care about us.

Anyway, there's no reason to create bad feelings here. I am sure you will all enjoy your time in the tournament. There's no reason to hate us, or for us to hate you. If you don't like me or my friends, it's all the better for you now since you won't have to deal with us. Peace.
    Last edited: August 30, 2014
  7. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I think the rules might be too strict, there are other ways to do it. Everyone i asked just wants 6 clans over 5.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. Quitch

Only a week left to sign up. We're up to 71 players now and Promethean, Team Burning and Voices of War have all been building up their rosters.

Remember, if you want to play in season one of Planetary Annihilation's first clan tournament you need to sign up before the 8th September.

Home Systems should be submitted before the 11th September.
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I'm not sure how the team colors are decided. But if it's home team chooses their color (from the approved colors) PAG has no problem accommodating the away teams color quirks.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah I really don't understand the issue with colours. So long as each team picks 2 contrasting colours it should be ok. Red vs White should be pretty clear for example (even to colour blind people due to the difference in contrast).
  11. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Exodus is testing how far they can go with the rules before we start rioting.. They are in for world dominance you know so they gotta test that stuff ;)
  12. Quitch

We'll likely do it either by clan agreement, or where that can't be reached, by coin flip. We'll keep the colours the same for both matches of a fixture to avoid confusion for casters and viewers.
    Bsport and Clopse like this.
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Great idea man. Thanks for the heads up.
  14. Quitch

I'm happy to announce that the opening game of Clan Wars will now be The Realm vs. PA Gods. This will be on the 13th September at 1800 UTC.
  15. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I will sign up for this, but doubt I'll be able to play in season 1 as I'm starting university in a couple of weeks and will be abroad over Christmas.

Still, no harm in signing up just in case eh? Hope it goes well and Promethean march to victory :)
    proeleert and cdrkf like this.
  16. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Quick question: What sort of timeline is this season gonna run on - 1 match per week?
  17. Quitch

It might vary a little depending on availability, but roughly one fixture every other week.
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. balsamicninja

balsamicninja Member

Hi guys,

I signed up for the Team Burning roster - any note on when my name will show up? Just worried about missing the deadline.
  19. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Fixed
    balsamicninja likes this.
  20. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Team PAG has 5 of top 6 players.... god's must fall into the mortal Realm to I guess. And there they will BRN and the Victory of War will shine