PTE Stream: 71544

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 3, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I like the removal of the AoE for comm AA, but I hope halving the RoE doesn't bring back the bumblebee super-snipe of yesterpatch.
    Everything else in this build is pretty nice, I especially like how we now have an effective counter to planet smashes. Not only for the metal planet but also any planet that may house your commander. Very cool stuff!
  2. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

Once you have the Annihilaser down at firing position you can rapid fire it. Make a CD so has to reset each time before firing again.

Other than that great work looking forward for release :)
  3. JWest

JWest Active Member

Any chance of the team colored nanolathes becoming a UI option that can be turned on/off?
    ace63 likes this.
  4. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Just played a fun game against absurd AI, 1.0 resource, 5 planet map, 3 moon biome 1 gas 1 metal.
    AI established a base on every planet but the gas giant, he sent radar sats to every planet but the gas giant.
    First AI unit left the main planet after 13 minutes which is a bit slow, granted the AI had a shitty start spot,

I think the AI would perform better if he built way more fabbers though, like at least 5x as many, I read in one of Raevn's posts there might be a hard limit of fabbers for the AI ? please don't :D
    He uses his fabbers sensibly, expansion/eco, but it really seems he could use more.
    AI did start building halley, did not start construction on a catalyst even though he did have the means to do so, probably too expensive though.

Performance was lovely, not a hitch in the 42 minute game.
    Hotkey for selecting land combat units does not select land AA vehicle guise srsly
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Mod it back to original. If you have an old copy of the game, keep that copy, copy-paste the fabspray in the spec effects folder. If you don't, get a mod to change it, I believe I added ClassicColors to PAMM.
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

In media/pa/ai/ai_config.json:

Code:
    {
      "basic_to_advanced_factory_ratio": 5,
      "fabber_alone_on_planet_mod": 2.0,
      "fabber_to_factory_ratio_advanced": 1.0,
      "fabber_to_factory_ratio_basic": 1.0,
      "factory_alone_on_planet_mod": 0.5,
      "max_advanced_fabbers": 8,                          <---
      "max_basic_fabbers": 5,                             <---
      "min_advanced_fabbers": 3,                          <---
      "min_basic_fabbers": 2                              <---
    }
  7. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Because, considering how many sources of metal and energy there are in the game, paying for the Catalysts alone isn't so much of an issue in a late 6+ player game on a solar system of corresponding size.

Pre-charge is debatable (think of it as a "guaranteed construction time", so first shot can be denied when a nuke is launched as soon as construction starts), but cooldown after shooting is a no-brainer.

Otherwise it's actually possible to wipe out the ENTIRE solar system before even a single counter measure can reach the planet due to the interplanetary transfer delay. At least give nukes a CHANCE to prevent the second shot from happening.
    ace63 and Zenotheory like this.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Large numbers of fabbers are death early on in a 1v1, perhaps the AI needs to simply be wiser to the size of game and the number of people on its planet. It has a hard cap of 10 advanced fabbers, but for a long game that's likely far too low.
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

It's 8 advanced fabbers (see my previous post ;))
    Quitch likes this.
  10. exterminans

But that's not the only issue. Another issue is, that the AI won't even start constructing T2 factories before it has at least 5 T1. Which it won't reach any time soon, because it ties the number of factories to excess metal. Which it doesn't have because it has no T2 mexes yet.
  11. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

If anyone wants to check the public games in PTE via the web I've hacked the game lobby server browser into a web page:

https://palobby.net/?build=71544 (chrome desktop only)
    CryFisch likes this.
  12. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

No cooldown on the annihilaser makes it kinda cool if everyone owns a planet. Then you've suddenly got to work together to kill the one building the laser because if it is finished, it means doom for all ;)
    Planktum and philoscience like this.
  13. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

After a few games I have to say that the team lathe color is horrible. It has become incredible hard to see if a building is actually finished or not. Also, the actual lathing and lathe particles are a lot less visible than they used to be.
    And last but not least the original color was a nice heritage from TA - please don't destroy that.
  14. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

i dont see this coming. air was not able to do anything to a base with the commander in it. Now it gets more likely that air is viable again. You commander still can build anti air turrets really quick, and mobile anti air units work well too.

Regarding planet smash, I think that halleys are too expensive compared to catalysts, or catalysts are too cheap. For most planets you need like 2-3 halleys, i think you should need at least 3 times the ressources for the metal planet weapon. So lets say, the cost should be 1.5 times of a halley for a single catalyst.
  15. exterminans

Don't know if reducing RoF was the right thing to do. Decrease in range could have been a smarter choice, since it wouldn't have crippeled the commanders ability to defend itself against T1 bombers.
  16. suketchi

suketchi Member

I also think, there should be a cooldown function like:

a "Planet energie storage" what must be refilled after the first shot. (it will be filled with the overflow of your energie production (or you must put all of your energie in there), and only when you have build 5 catalysts.)

Or a simple countdown for the next fire phase.

Or maybe a mix of both. :D
    Last edited: September 3, 2014
    Planktum likes this.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Lol those max values need to go up by an order of magnitude or two :D
    igncom1 likes this.
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Ratio to metal is a better way to do this I think. 1 fabber per 30 metal seems nice. And 1 adv per 100.

Would love if Radars get fixed . This can't be too difficult surely?

Overall balance is beginning to fine tune to the right direction. I won't complain if grenadier got a little more hp :D.
    Quitch likes this.
  19. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

More rate of fire instead plz, with a hint of increased range and projectile speed. Wait... and more HP, being able to survive 1 tank shot, but only just, would be nice. I'm talking like 5-10%'s here, but I think it needs everything.

GUNSHIP BUFF I AM SO HAPPY DANCE TIME.

Gut reaction: needs more buff still. BUT I AM HAPPY YAY.
  20. sechastain

sechastain Member

I don't guess there's been any Linux love?