PAMM Server

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Mereth, August 28, 2014.

1. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Hi,

The modlist management is now hosted on a dedicated server : https://pamm-mereth.rhcloud.com/mod

You will need a github account, even if your mod isn't hosted on it. Members of the pamods organization on github will be able to add and update any mods. Non-members can only add new mods, and update their own.

If you aren't a member of the pamods organisation on github, and you already have some mods available, provide me an url to your github account, and I'll fix your ownership.

The submission is in two phase :
    • you provide a direct download link url to your mod archive (github, dropbox, bintray, ...) and click submit
    • you choose the mod want to publish

PAMM now use the new URL https://pamm-mereth.rhcloud.com/api/mod, updating the modlist2.json on pamods.github.io has no effect on PAMM anymore.

Let me know if you have question on the subject.

Regards
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Wow. Just today? Shoot, this makes it so difficult to keep up with making mods, what with how to publish them :(
  3. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

use the first url
  4. trialq

trialq Post Master General

What about icons, should new ones still go on github or is there another place they can be stored?
  5. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

At this stage, you still have to store your mod icon "somewhere" manually, the location doesn't matter very much as long as it can be used as img src in html.

What I would like to do next, is to search for the image inside your mod archive, and store it somewhere automatically : on the server itself or pushed on github with the github api.

I also want to maintain the modlist2.json with the github api to give some kind of automatic backup of this important list to the community, but it will be a one way update.
    wondible likes this.
  6. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I just used this today. Nice job man.
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I need to add the community UberBalance and Awesome Avengers to PAMM. AA doesn't have a github right now, so what do I need to do for both of them??
  8. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

It only need direct download links.

For RCBM, you can't use the github archive url because your team trashed the repository with the zip releases, but you can submit the special release file you have attached on your latest pre-release (if it's what you want to add to PAMM) :
    eg.: https://github.com/cwarner7264/realm-rebalance/releases/download/5.0.0/RCBM_5.0.0PreRel.zip

For Awesome Avengers, it depend if git & github is sorcery for you or not. If yes, just use a DropBox account which can provide you direct link url. Else, push your mod sources inside a dedicated repo. After that, you can either create a tag and use the associated source download link, or use the archive button on the proper commit.
    eg.:
    https://github.com/mered4/modpa-awesomeavengers/archive/v1.0.0.zip
    https://github.com/mered4/modpa-awesomeavengers/archive/0a732397ac5f5b9ec87e992687afd347a4fbdb7f.zip
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The Community UberBalance bro. I'm not involved with rcbm. I would give u a link but I'm on a tablet and short on time. :)
  10. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I guess it's this one : https://github.com/Stuart1998/Community-Uber-Balance (thx google)

If it's your mod, you should probably "Take ownership" beforehand in the Settings page of this repository.

Then you should remove the REL directory and the zip within, and use a tag or commit archive link like I said for Awesome Avenger, or use DropBox if it's too complicated.
  11. trialq

How do we delete mods? I'm going to do a big purge/fix of my mods for 1.0 soon, many are probably obsolete now.
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

You can't, but it's in the top of my todo list, because it's obviously a mandatory feature. If it's not live before you have to do it, give me the list of identifiers to remove.
    trialq likes this.
  13. trialq

I'm also caching the modlist2 at http://pa-mods.com/modlist2-cache.json , it's not instant but should be relatively fresh. Feel free to use it as you wish.

I'm liking the new way of updating mods, saves the duplication of modinfo which was a pain.
  14. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Your server is blazing fast :)
  15. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I gotta say I really like this new system. No more waiting for pull requests :)
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Now if we could just update the news stream at the same time from there. :)
    proeleert likes this.
  17. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Just used. Very nice. pamods.github.io needs a new readme!
  18. trialq

Can you remove these mods please, they are either broken, obsolete or just chaff:
    Code:
    com.pa.trialq.tCustomBuildBar
    com.pa.trialq.tDoxCommMode
    com.pa.trialq.tGWSpeedHotfix
    com.pa.trialq.tMatchMaking
    com.pa.trialq.tSystemEditorFix
    com.pa.trialq.tFrontloadedDox
    I've fixed many of my mods, but over the next few days some more will likely be removed or abandoned (if abandoned but working, I'll leave them on PAMM). The code will be available for any mods I abandon, in case someone thinks they are worth saving and wants to maintain them.
  19. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Done !
    trialq likes this.
  20. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I pushed 2 important changes :
    • you can now enable/disable mods. Disabling a mod only remove it from the list of the "available" mods seen by PAMM.
    • you can find mods by identifier (instead of providing an url), and it works with partial identifiers (eg. "com.pa.trialq" will find all mods starting with this identifier)
    Fr33Lancer and trialq like this.