is anyone alce loveing the Gas Giants?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nuketf, August 29, 2014.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

there EPIC!!!! [truthfuly that are the reasion why i wanted PA in the first place XD]
    kjotak109 likes this.
  2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Of course! They provide extra resources for players who build on them.

The gas giants also have great visuals, which change with temperature.
  3. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think its funny that we can now have Gas Powered Games? :3
    Aranfan, plink, stuart98 and 15 others like this.
  4. teg198

teg198 New Member

sadly I am at work and I am looking for a stream or a video of a giant. Anyone happen to have one? I was wondering how it worked.
  5. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

As soon as they remove the green orbital layer from them, and ill be able to see them properly. then i might love them :)
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You can take that off in the settings. :p
  7. CounterFact

CounterFact Active Member

I like them, but pathing seems a bit off still. My avengers don't do what I tell them :(
  8. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Do an area build of Jigs around the entire planet. It's like a poor mans Dyson sphere.
  9. CryFisch

CryFisch Member

Gas planets are boring atm. 1 Building 1 defens and 1 unit and radar.
    Thats all we can do on gas giants. The game needs better orbital.
    archmagecarn and melhem19 like this.
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

We know, but how we do so is a topic for hot debate.
  11. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

I like that the jigs works as storage aswell though.
    kjotak109 likes this.
  12. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Also, check out the slow unfurling of the tube when it's completed. It looks like there's a light on the top which illuminates the gas beneath it and changes depending on the colour.
    kjotak109 likes this.
  13. verybad

verybad Active Member

I think it would be cool if they did a Jig Station that was essentially an enlarged flat surface that you could attach other jig stations to, and build factories or other ground buildings on, as well as move ground units on to. So essentially you'd be building your own ground space around a Gas Giant that could be fought over, nuked, etc. Make them extremely high HP, but no built in defenses.

The reason they could only be built around Gas Giants is that such large structures require a more stable gravity area that only Gas Giants can supply. (Yeah, bs, but it's good enough for me.)

Each Jigstation could hold one tier one building, it would take 4 to hold a tier two building. They would include space to move about as well
    kjotak109 likes this.
  14. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

That's an awesome idea! It adds more strategic depth to the game and makes gas giants more viable to defend.
  15. verybad

verybad Active Member

Would want the "Jigstation to be a non faction thing so it could be landed on or fought over by anyone rather than simply destroyed. Capturing this expensive structure rather than destroying it would be awesome (but you could destroy it also :) )

(It would need to not be named "Jigstation" however. Perhaps Dyson Unit or something of that sort.

I'm rather excited by the Gas Giants inclusion, more excited actually than the Death Ray (which is also cool, but not as interesting strategically after the basic use...
  16. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

There is nothing about them to dislike...
    ...exept that Patrol-Orders for Avengers aren´t working on them!
    And they are showing that only one orbital-orbital combat unit and one building aren´t enough! :eek:
  17. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Jigs would be cool if they had buildable space around them, but I'd prefer expanded orbital warfare with combat units like cruisers, dreadnoughts, bombers, EMPs, etc.
  18. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Maybe they sink down tanks that fills up with some of the lighter gases and make it float?
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

imho opinion gas giants are ok but not something i would fall in love with .... its simply a giant goldmine you place in your system .... metalplanets however rock now that have a doomsdayweapon to fight over...
  20. verybad

verybad Active Member

To make it more interesting, maybe take away most of the resources on Metal Planets, so yeah, they've got a big gun, but to build that gun, you need a lot of resources to build it, and the best resources come from a gas giant...