List of bugs in Build 71378

Discussion in 'Support!' started by liltbrockie, August 28, 2014.

1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

PTE 74100 on OS X 10.9.5 (13F24) logs show the following...

At startup:
    Code:
    INFO Failed to link shader program: vertex shader particle_quad_velocity.vs and pixel shader particle_soft.fs
    INFO ERROR: Input of fragment shader 'v_Forward' not written by vertex shader
    ERROR: Input of fragment shader 'v_Push' not written by vertex shader
    INFO Failed to link shader program for technique velocity
    INFO Failed to link shader program: vertex shader particle_quad_velocity_color.vs and pixel shader particle_soft.fs
    INFO Failed to link shader program for technique colorvelocity
    INFO Failed to link shader program: vertex shader particle_quad_velocity_color.vs and pixel shader particle_soft.fs
    INFO Failed to link shader program: vertex shader particle_quad_color_flip.vs and pixel shader particle_soft.fs
    INFO Failed to link shader program for technique colorFlipbook
    INFO Failed to link shader program: vertex shader particle_string.vs and pixel shader particle_soft.fs
    [16:49:58.442] INFO ERROR: Input of fragment shader 'v_Forward' not written by vertex shader
    INFO Failed to link shader program for technique string
    INFO Failed to link shader program: vertex shader particle_quad_velocity.vs and pixel shader particle_soft.fs
    INFO Failed to link shader program for technique velocity

During game:
    Code:
    ERROR cameraLookAt malformed message. (at start of game)
    ERROR Particle system overflow. (lots and lots of these)
    ERROR Missing technique colorvelocity for particle group. (lots of these)

2. CryFisch

CryFisch Member

the narwhal cannon needs to be turnd 180°
    Fr33Lancer and kayonsmit101 like this.
  3. mikeyh

Anyone else starting facing the sun?
  4. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

Naval Orbital Launcher goes sideways when building a unit. Have to move Adv. Fabber manually around the metal planet to build the Catalyst in each spot and doesn't queue up via shift building.
  5. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

It's not necessary linked to alt-gr.

The euros '€' symbols work, and the keys for it are <alt-gr> + E
    The & does not work and it do not require alt-gr key. You just press the '&' key (which is the 1 key on qwerty keyboards)

What is strange is that the '(' is not working, but the ')' is working fine.

It is a long standing bug but it seems to have evolve since SDL implementation.

EDIT: not tested on 71400 yet. I'll do it when I'll back to home and keep you informed.
    Last edited: August 29, 2014
  6. mikeyh

Late game with lots of units while selecting in PIP caused planet shape to warp with selection and zoom freeze.

You could change planets, toggle PIP, switch PIP and sometimes the planets would appear correctly but still with zoom and selection frozen.

Restarting client corrected issue... happened multiple times in same game.

PA-PTE-71400-warped.png
    websterx01 likes this.
  7. mikeyh

ctrl-z (select all matching units on screen) does not work in PIP... it selects all matching units in main.
  8. mikeyh

PTE 74100 on OS X 10.9.5 (13F24) client crash when viewing chrono cam at end of game:

Code:
    Crashed Thread:  24

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    abort() called
    *** error for object 0x7f9263f07a00: pointer being freed was not allocated

Thread 24 Crashed:
    0  libsystem_kernel.dylib            0x00007fff8d1df866 __pthread_kill + 10
    1  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857935c pthread_kill + 92
    2  libsystem_c.dylib                0x00007fff849bab1a abort + 125
    3  libsystem_malloc.dylib            0x00007fff8bbe807f free + 411
    4  com.uberent.pa.client            0x00000001047e7ebe PlanetBuilder::addDynamicDecal(DecalSpec const*, zu::Vec3<float> const&, zu::Quat<float> const&, zu::Vec3<float> const&, PlanetBuilder::DynamicDecal&) + 1422
    5  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010454f5c0 client::ClientDynamicDecal::addDecal() + 416
    6  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010454fabe client::ClientDynamicDecal::setObservability(ReconObservability) + 206
    7  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010454f279 client::ClientDynamicDecal::updateObservability() + 921
    8  com.uberent.pa.client            0x00000001045504f4 crom::SpecFetchImpl<DecalSpec, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > >::invoke(DecalSpec const*) + 84
    9  com.uberent.pa.client            0x0000000104999b31 crom::ThreadPool::threadExecute() + 561
    10  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010499a401 void* std::__1::__thread_proxy<std::__1::tuple<void (crom::ThreadPool::*)(), crom::ThreadPool*> >(void*) + 113
    11  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff88578899 _pthread_body + 138
    12  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857872a _pthread_start + 137
    13  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857cfc9 thread_start + 13
  9. draiwn

draiwn New Member

- AI (Relentless and Absurd) sends troops on other planets but seems to totally ignore Gas Giant. Maybe it's not implemented yet? Too bad because it's a vital priority to colonize gas giant

- Sometimes it's impossible to build Catalyst on death star if zoom is too far away, I had to zoom at the maximum to be able to build it

- Avenger patrol on gas giant doesn't work, they just stop to move

- Not a bug but very annoying: mines are still visible to enemy, so they are totally useless because they are shot before ennemy get to close to cause dammage.

Anyway thank for this awesome build, so much fun with it!
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Played a GW game. I like many of the new things about it. However:

1) One of the systems had a distant asteroid, by distant I mean the travel time was at least 5 minutes to it. The first astraeus I sent died on landing :( so 10 minute headstart on that planet ahead of me. Should planets spawn a little closer in on whatever procedural algorithm you are using?

2) Should the artillery commander be able to build a holkins? :eek:

3) On that distant asteroid, attempts to zoom in at it sometimes lead to getting stuck zooming really really slowly really really distantly away. Had to completely unzoom out or relock to system or another planet from top right bar. So it IS probably in fact a little distant...
  11. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Still found a few bugs :(
    Not sure if they have been mentioned:
    -If you smash a planet the crater is still a death zone to all who try and enter it.
    -If you try assist far away units the units stop again.:(

BUT Death stars just scratched my nerd itch all over in all the right ways
    kayonsmit101 and Antiglow like this.
  12. selfavenger

selfavenger Active Member

I had the same issue. I had a moon around a metal planet and a gas giant. I couldn't target the gas giant. I could target the moon and the metal planet would rotate and charge up but it wouldn't shoot.

Cheers,

-Todd
  13. mikeyh

You have to zoom right out to make them patrol.
  14. mikeyh

Immortal advanced radar over a metal planet pole that cannot be killed: (AI kept trying with hundreds of avengers)

PA-PTE-71400-immortal-advanced-radar.png
    corteks and Remy561 like this.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I believe all games I try, and this appears to be a feature and an intentional function, start in system view, so centered on sun and zoomed out to show all planets.

Which is good, I have yet to miss a queue about multiple spawn planets, multiple spawn planets was obvious each and every time.
    kayonsmit101 and liltbrockie like this.
  16. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

In 71400 i got like many many times the warning that commander explosion is imminent and the one that it needs repairs it was a bug for sure.
  17. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I also had PA stats only, so it might be caused by this.
  18. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Avengers still dont attack back only when they are commandet, Commander can build stuff even when he is facing the wrong direction. When telling a orbital fabbers to assist another orbital fabber on another planet is not possible, it dosent move to assist.
  19. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

IF you build a radar when you have no power, it won't ever function even when you get power.
  20. yakcyll

yakcyll Member

As far as I remember, neither it nor any basic radars you build later will work if the first one finishes building when you are on negative power.