So it's 2 days left until Retail-Release....

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by exterminans, August 14, 2014.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What? Where? ;)
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Well exactly. It is double sided. On one hand, they still keep SMNC running while EA would have just dropped it. On the other hand, it needs support to get support, and it doesn't have the backing to warrant the backing.

Which is the exact reason PA as a whole and community needs to stay uptrending on all this, not all negative like.

Because the game getting support helps the game, and being negative hurts the game, simple as that. Exactly the same situation as it was in the past.
  3. nateious

nateious Active Member

Ah the good old prehistoric internet days...

I remember getting my dad to download the 3.1 patch for me at his work (and having to split it up over a bunch of 3.5inch disks) because the free net access we had at home at the time forced disconnect / reconnects after 1 hour which was too short to download that massive 8MB patch. :p
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Remember the good old historic pre-internet days when there was only one shot for software to be done right, since patches couldn't be distributed?
    ace63 likes this.
  5. nateious

nateious Active Member

Yep, of course that didn't mean that pre-internet days only had perfect software, instead it meant that you had the chance of running into a game breaking bug that would never be fixed :)
    drz1 and DeadStretch like this.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Actually in my experience it meant you had to fiddle around with dos settings for a week until you got it to work :p I ended up building a custom boot disk for dos on my 486 with several different config options that came up in a menu, each configured differently to enable a particular game to run.... Getting wing commander 3 running properly on a 486 was a challenge but well worth it :)
    nateious likes this.
  7. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Ah the time it took to make Star Trek: Judgement Rites work on my 486 - tooks weeks but afterwards it was simply amazing.
    jhnphm and cdrkf like this.