Regarding some details we'll be releasing today

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, August 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

they could .. but the thing is they have their own vision of how the game should look and dont nessesarily want to compromise that ...
    but i entirely disagree on the statement of uber not caring ... they cared and listened ... with ladder and to what happened with the ablegamerscommander they also postponed release for when the community was most concerned ... just a few examples ... seriously the community for once should be a bit more tolerant for what uber did in the past ... saying that uber didnt ever do stuff for or because of the community is a straight out lie
    corteks, kayonsmit101, Bsport and 5 others like this.
  2. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

"Celestial Annihilation"... aka we get to low up some stars? all in bro.
  3. superouman

superouman Post Master General

So... Ummm... I just woke up, where are the details? :(
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Check your email! Kickstarter update ftw :)
  5. MrTBSC

bout to come in a few days ...
    or if you like you can find them visiting pax .. ahem
  6. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

I think most people know that Uber have done some amazing things. Such as the ability to simulate thousands of projectiles accurately on a sphere, or smaller things like wrecks being created automatically. That's why it baffles me when they fall over on such a small but significant thing as balance/fun, and that they don't make the most of what PA can do.
  7. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Oh these are the details! Okay!
    Quitch and cdrkf like this.
  8. MrTBSC

it rather baffles me how impatient some people are ...
    yes we all want PA to be the best it can be .. but lets try to be realistic here ..
    it wont be on 1.0 that should be clear but when it is truely feature complete and got content to make gameplay as flexible as needed ... also balancing is along with polishing one of the last things to do but will continue with further content being added and when most content is done it is more likely uber can get a couple more people on ballance

also "FUN" is a very vague term
    Last edited: August 26, 2014
    pieman2906, corteks, Bsport and 2 others like this.
  9. doud

doud Well-Known Member

really would like to see a commander looking like your avatar :p
  10. MrTBSC

would have to ask the artist for permission first ... it's called doomsday on deviantart
    will put up a link later
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

you never watched robot chicken? It's the stuff! it's amazing!
    wow that is a nice gif, googling that turned out very interesting :)
    Last edited: August 26, 2014
  12. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

@BradNicholson Care to clarify what is actually included in the collectors edition?

European version (on Amazon) appears to include a Logitech G300 (no special skin) and two unreleased commanders.

US version (on Amazon) has not much information listed (actually: none at all), but has this picture in the gallery instead: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71BbuCMrdeL._SL1500_.jpg

However Delta in the collectors edition appears unlikely, especially given that even the $90 galactic edition was denied this commander.

PS: Looks like "40 player games" and "dedicated servers" are still included in the advertisement materials (at least for several German shops).
  13. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Stop putting words in my mouth. I am happy that Uber are releasing PA. I am not upset that some features still need work or missing. The only thing that baffles me is the direction they took with balance. I don't know anyone who thinks the current balance is more entertaining than how it was in alph/beta.
  14. MrTBSC

there was nothing particularly directed at or implied torwards you ... i also didnt deny that current patch/version has any flaws ...
    but i am generaly asking for patience ...
  15. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

According to Ubers argumentation that might just well be a part of their "vision" and not actually promised features.
    Does anybody know what happened to ladders which they said they wanted to do before release?
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

They never said they would. They said they were reconsidering.
  17. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I'm talking about the advertisement texts which are displayed in various online shops. That's not where you can place a "vision".
  18. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Well aren't they are most likely taken from either the Uber website or the kickstarter?
  19. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

The truth is there is no way to currently determining a player level of skill in the game, not even a ballpark, so how can I balance the teams?

I don't find it fun to shred an opponent who couldn't fight, no one does, but there is no way around it. The way things are, in general, the noobs come in for a week or 2, get trounced, and don't come back (just look at the player graphs at steam, after the release spikes, the player base returns to almost the same size as it were before, with low player retention).

Sometimes you can try too teach them, but without a in built voice service that is almost impossible to do on the fly.
  20. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

If non present features are contained in the advertisement they are gonna have a bad time.

Cause advertisement makes you liable to all sort of consumer laws. Is like advertising a BMW with heated seats, and delivering one without them, you can argue is still a very nice car and that you will deliver the seats later, people are still going to be pissed off.
    knub23 and ArchieBuld like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.