Lastest build mess up AI difficulty again?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by RMJ, August 10, 2014.

1. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Did the lastest live build mess up the default AI difficulty again? im getting absolutely creamed. murdered, destroyed, annihilated by NORMAL ai. lol :p

Not sure what is going on
  2. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

It might just be smarter, you have to counter allt of AI raids, and try to raid yourself, since this AI comes from every direction possible for harassing. Also they expand EVERYWHERE. But i still think they are kinda bad when it comes to orbital management (it will suicide units into umbrellas or anchors).

EDIT: Do you build fortifications outside their base? Its a good place to set up portals and pelters to destroy the base.
  3. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Latest build notes for AI:
    [AI] AI does better at sending orbital radar to other planets.
    [AI] AI ignores econ cost of units in transit between planets.
    [AI] AI will send basic orbital radar to other planets more often.
    [AI] AI should be a little more nuke happy on planets it has full control over.
    [AI] AI will nuke enemy commanders.
    [AI] Fix for AI getting stuck trying to send units through a teleporter when the end point died.
    [AI] AI will swarm enemy commanders, if they have enough units.
    [AI] Fix for AI being unable to properly use air units due to the fact you cannot use fetchVoxel() to get a voxel for anything not on the ground.
    [AI] AI should use teleporters a bit more effectively.
    [AI] AI economy updates.
    [AI] Edited AI difficulties so that lower difficulties are overly careless with their units rather than overly conservative.
  4. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Had some good pressure, nice raiding by the absurd AI. I liked it. :D I get the feeling the game really needs an easy difficulty (that is actually easy), where the AI will basically roll over and die if you so much as breathe on it.

If Normal is intended to be easy, it should just be named Easy. :p