Error connecting to ubernet: invalid steam ticket

Discussion in 'Support!' started by talakhallen6191, August 10, 2014.

1. talakhallen6191

talakhallen6191 New Member

I get the following error message when trying to play through Steam:

Error connecting to ubernet: invalid steam ticket

I've Googled and found quite a few threads on the issue. Most of them are months old and say that the issue has been fixed. I've never had this problem before and it just started with the latest release. I've tried some other fixes on the Steam side of things (deleting config files and such) and nothing works. Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem. It seems to have started soon after I launched DOTA 2 and PA at the same time. Not sure if they're related.

Thanks for any help.
  2. shadowhold

shadowhold New Member

I just had this issue. I reset my password and was able to log in successfully.
  3. talakhallen6191

I can login fine if the authorization fails on Steam with my username and password. I'll try changing my password to see if the automatic authorization works. Thanks.

Edit: I tried changing my password but it still fails to connect to Uberent when playing through Steam.
    Last edited: August 10, 2014
  4. Frederikam

Frederikam New Member

I get that from time to time, not just recently. I think this may be a bug on Steam's end, as I get bad login tickets related to another game on steam, that uses a similar login system.
  5. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

This is a temporary Steam issue. It looks like Steam was down for a little while on Saturday as many people were receiving the same error.
  6. talakhallen6191

I kind of figured it was on Steam's end but I don't remember any other Steam sites/services being down. At least I know in the future what causes this problem. Thanks for the response!