[WIP][Server]Fabs'rStructures

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by thetrophysystem, August 9, 2014.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am currently making a mod that changes fabricators to stationary and buildable by other fabs and reach vision range.

To expand, you need to build your base to expand in the desired area.

To proxy, you need to establish a transport (fabricators are still transportable).

This includes air, as akward as that sounds, you will need to pelican an air fabber to an area to build air things.

This includes orbital, as akward as that sounds, you will need to astraeus an orbital fabber or other fabber to establish another planet.

This also indirectly nerfs teleporters, as more steps are required to simply "get a fabber through a teleporter".

Combat Fabbers are up in the air, might just be "assist towers" or "assist units" as they would be different and linked to bot tech.

I am posting this via mobile during blackout, will get basic function up asap.
    Jaedrik likes this.
  2. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

Can I use area build to cover an area in the lowest number of fabs necessary?
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Interesting idea.

Reminds me of the old C&C games and Age of Empires games where you could only construct buildings close to your buildings. So if you wanted a proxy base, you'd have to build a string of silos or outposts or something to get to the place where you wanted to build.

Or at least... I'm pretty sure that was in AOE... Geeze – it's been too long since I've played that game.
  4. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Oh, the fun times of building lines of Power Plants to build a Grand Cannon near your enemy's base. Red Alert 2 was such a fun game :D.
    brianpurkiss and thetrophysystem like this.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Nope, in AOE you can have villagers build anywhere.
  6. thetrophysystem

Actually the barracks cost 200 I believe. They are useless, but they are cheaper and faster to build in chain.

Power just came back on.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Man it's been way too long since I've played AOE... makes me sad...
    igncom1 likes this.
  8. igncom1

Build more of them however made it very quick to build infantry.
  9. thetrophysystem

Only built out 1 factory at a time or queued 30 units. Additional barracks, just could be assigned as the "Primary" one. The primary building is the only one that builds units.

Now, soviets/yuri had cloning vats, limit of 1, which acts to build units duplicate to barracks. So you have 1, and a single barracks, and build an infantry, and it builds 1 infantry out the barracks and 1 out the cloning vats, so you get 2 for 1.

ABOUT COMBAT FABBERS: Bots are supposed to have a support role. I am thinking of giving bot fabber the direct build of bot combat fabbers, and making combat fabbers longer ranged more efficient builders with less health and less blueprints (no factories). I am thinking of leaving the advanced combat fabber as a repair only mobile unit. Or vice versa.
  10. igncom1

But having more of them did however make the one production que faster, by having units take less time to build.