Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by arm2thecore, June 6, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Wait what.

What the hell does it matter if other people are muting the game?
  2. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

That's not what I meant, please go back and read my "whole" post.

Especially the part were I say "I'm so glad i didn't post my thaught's"
  3. Geers

First of all, I did read everything. I'm just questioning your original line of thought.

Secondly, you actually did post your thoughts or this discussion of said thoughts wouldn't exist.
  4. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I just trying to understand your point, as i have stated that I was glad i Did not post that comment.

If you wish to understand my origenal thaught I shall elaborate for you...

after playing 300+ hours of a game, most game soundtracks are going to grate. Many people will turn down the in game music to 0, in favour of there own music. So if a limited budget is available seems a bit of a waste.

however in this case i felt the music was soo good, it would have been a terrible shame had uber not had it made.

in effect I was glad i was wrong, in this case.
  5. Geers

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now I get it.
  6. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

The full orchestra was also a stretch goal, so I would theorize that Uber wanted to make sure the music was an important part of the ambiance.
  7. welshenzie

welshenzie Member

For me the music really adds to the game. I couldn't imagine playing it with contemporary music playing or none at all. I suppose it all depends on the individual but I for one am very happy they went with a full orchestral score.
    cdrkf and Jaedrik like this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I agree I think the full orchestral sound track is so fitting (*although I was hoping Howard would have slipped a single dub-step track in there as an Easter egg / joke- just based on the comments in the early Kickstarter videos haha).
  9. Geers

NO.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Lol, I wasn't really being serious. Do you not remember the comments during the orchestral launch trailer in the Kickstarter? That was what I was referring to...

Also, Muse managed to do a surprisingly good 'classical dub step' track (which I also think is kinda fitting for PA given it's robot like theme... http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/song?q=muse unsustainable)
  11. Geers

That was a joke...
  12. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

OK, i got your point. But do you really think that 90% of all gamers mute the music in their games? o_O
    That would be a real crime as I remember so many awesome soundtracks!

BTW: This one is the best thing that could happen to PA! Truly epic, gots a high position in my all time-favs, although it doesn´t have any chance in competing with the most glorious (sadly not nearly produced and recorded as fantasticas this one) soundtrack in gaming history: TORMENT by MarkMorgan! :D
    (this forum is lacking a tormented smiley...)
    Well, they aren´t very comparable at all... :rolleyes:
    ...so yes, this one is proberbly the best RTS-Soundtrack I´ve been listening to! Congrats, Mr. Mostrom!