[WIP] Aquatic Detail

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by aevs, August 7, 2014.

1. aevs

aevs Post Master General

[currently unreleased]

In vanilla, shores and oceans are pretty bland. The eventual goal of this mod is simple; throw in some rocks and plants to liven it up a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Right now I'm just using pre-existing features for rocks and seaweed, and placing them in shallow water with a custom sand biome.
    Eventually, I plan is to use custom models for better seaweed and for coral, and maybe make separate 'marsh' and 'coral' biomes instead of just changing the sand biome.
    I still don't really know how to go from blender > papatran > .papa successfully with brushes and features, so I'll need to get that done first :rolleyes:
    Anyway, yeah. Looking for advice I suppose, it's always good to get early input in my opinion.
  2. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Woah. This looks neat. Maybe decrease the size of the plants? (If that is possible.)
  3. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Yeah, I know what you mean. The spikey plants I used are too big.
    There is a scale option for features, but... let's just say that is doesn't quite work as expected. :confused:
  4. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Aw, that sucks. Hopefully Uber fixes that soon.
    Do these block ships or do they phase through each other?
  5. aevs

aevs Post Master General

That depends on the feature's settings. I didn't bother making custom features yet (think I'll wait until I can get custom models first), so those rocks act like rocks in the mountain and desert biomes (you phase through), and the plants can be reclaimed or burned (because burning seaweed makes sense, right? ;))
  6. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Heh. This looks like something that could be implemented into the game at some point, if only so oceans don't look like someone's clicked around a planet with the Paint Fill tool.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Is there any possibility you'll try to work at getting the old water shadera/texture/opacity whatever it was that made water in the past so pretty. Also, I really need to see if I can get you a model for a brush.
  8. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Another superb mod aevs. Looking forward to seeing this one get more developed, god knows the oceans need some visual improvements badly.